Rules questions (of course) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rules questions (of course)

I have a few so here goes;

1. Do you have to state how far you are moving a unit? If I can move 8" but only slide the unit 7", do I have to state that? If not, how does my opponent know that I'm not moving them 9"?

2. Can I equip a magic sword with chaos runesheild?

3. I have 1 Bloodcrusher left, fighting 3 trolls. I have a unit of Bloodletters 1 inch behind the Crusher. Can I declare a charge and wheel my unit of 'letters into combat? If so, how do they line up?

----------TTT T= Trolls
    -------------C C= Bloodcrusher
    ---------LLLLL L= Bloodletter
    ---------LLLLL
    4. I have a unit of 3 Bloodcrushers trying to charge a SPECIFIC snotling swarm (2), which is between another swarm (1) and a piece of terrain (very difficult terrain). My unit of 'crushers is slightly wider than the opening between the other two (swarm 1 and terrain). My intention is to charge the second swarm so that I can overrun them and into his General's unit. It was argued that I would run through the terrain to avoid the 1st unit, but I wanted to, at the very least, end up charging both swarm bases. I would either clip swarm 1 and hopefully align and bring swarm 2 into combat. OR, I would end up running through the terrain (which makes no sense) and possibly not have enough movement left and have a failed charge. How would you settle this?

---------------2 ------TTTTT T= Terrain
    --------------2 -------TTTTT 1= Swarm
    ---------------1 ------TTTTT 2= Swarm
    --------------1 ---------------C= Boodcrushers
    -------------------CCC

This is my first post by the way, so be gentle.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

Welcome to LO, squalie! I'll answer the easy ones and let some of the more rules-savvy players tackle the others.

1. No, you don't have to declare how far you intend to move.

2. Yes, you can equip a magic weapon with a magic shield, unless some weird rule in that particular army book explicitly states that you can't.
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the quik reply, Lad!

So, if my buddy asks " how far did you move?", my reply should be "weren't you watching?" ?

Keep 'em coming, lads!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

Or you can say "More than 1 but less than 12" or something to that effect.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You don't need to keep it secret, but your opponent should be paying attention. The rules are so loose that it really is a gentlemens game, so hopefully you have a good enough relationship with your game mates that you and they don't worry to much about movment cheating.
    "...and we shall pave our path to the gods with the Skulls of our fallen foes."

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    476 (x8)

On question 3:

If it was like this:

You couldn't charge. The bloodcrusher is in the way, and the bloodletters (black) cannot wheel past it to charge. You'd have to turn 90 degrees, move 2" then turn back to hope to get a charge in next turn.

But if it was more like this:

It would be OK. The grey square represents the partial wheel you would require to get past your own unit.

Question 4. If you can't get there, then you can't get there - you'll only achieve a charge on both units in this case if they are in base to base contact. With the terrain in the way, frenzy is going to compel you to charge unit 1 unless your bloodcrushers can fit through that gap.

Having an army and not owning a rulebook is like owning a car with no steering wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by amishcellphone
    <3 rork. He does all the arguing so I don't have to.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

1283 (x8)

In the first graphic, what if the black block unit wheeled its front left corner into contact, by pinning the back right corner? Could you then maxmize?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x2)

Yeah I think his question is can he wheel the left corner around to touch the enemy. I *think* that as long as you touch the enemy before your own unit then you can make it in. Or is it one of those "can't fit, can't charge" scenarios?
    The Hierarchy Chaotica: Kinky Sex > Change > Disease > Blood

98% of the population actually believes these stupid statistics. If you're part of the 2% of humanity with a brain, put this in your profile.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DavidVC04;

That's exactly what I was asking in question 3. You said it better than I did...thanks for clearing it up.

Rork, thanks for the reply. It was exactly like your first example. How did you put those blocks on screen?

Keep 'em comin'!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    476 (x8)

Well, I suppose that would be possible in certain instance.

I think it would be difficult to pull off with a 40mm based model in front of you, though. That diagram isn't to scale, but would be roughly representative of trying to wheel the other way. The point of the bloodletters closest to the bottom left of the blood crusher could only move 1" - and that isn't likely to translate to 40mm at the left end of the unit.

It would probably work if the single model in combat was on an infantry-sized base, of course (or the bloodletters were a bit further back).

So in practice, yes you could wheel the other way, assuming you can make it without your own models stopping the wheel.

Rork, thanks for the reply. It was exactly like your first example. How did you put those blocks on screen?
    I created it in paint shop pro, uploaded it to photobucket then linked it here :yes:.

edit: Realised I got the picture a little wrong. It doesn't alter the outcome, but obviously you wheel from a front corner...*slaps forehead*
    Last edited by Rork; December 14th, 2006 at 14:18.

Having an army and not owning a rulebook is like owning a car with no steering wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by amishcellphone
    <3 rork. He does all the arguing so I don't have to.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast