Musicians - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Musicians

Consumate professional Sir Theobold the Lame's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    280 (x8)

Musicians

I was flicking through the rule book the other day and i got struck with a question- under the section regarding command groups it gives the scenario that a unit may have 'one or more musicians in its front rank', ive always taken the view from reading the army books that only one trooper from each unit may be upgraded to a musician, was i mistaken?

What are peoples views on this?
    Do you ever take more than one musician in a unit? which potentially means you will always win drawn combats for an extra 5 or 6 points?

PLAN CLAN MAN!!

He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man- S. Johnson

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    476 (x8)

You can only have one musician (in most cases) since it's usually worded "one model may be upgraded" or "A warrior may be upgraded..."

I suppose in case of some freak happening this stops people trying to claim multiples.

Having an army and not owning a rulebook is like owning a car with no steering wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by amishcellphone
    <3 rork. He does all the arguing so I don't have to.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

Yeah, that'd be great! I could have nothing but ogre bellowers in my bull and ironguts units.
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    280 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Rork View Post
    You can only have one musician (in most cases) since it's usually worded "one model may be upgraded" or "A warrior may be upgraded..."

I suppose in case of some freak happening this stops people trying to claim multiples.
    thats the way i read it too...

id love to have a full band in an empire regiment though, convert some flautists, and buglers to go with a few drummers- would look great!

Alas i think its just GW covering their behinds in the rulebook
    PLAN CLAN MAN!!

Benevolent Dictator CaptainSarathai's Avatar
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1480 (x8)

yeah, cause I'm sure their next half-arsed idea for fantasy will be to theme an army around the Scotts and have a regiment with the ability to field 10+ bagpipers.
    My only question is, would that count as the scottsmen getting close-combat attacks, or would it be a ranged attack that ignores plug-your-ears saves.
    sorry to any offended bagipers, sometimes they sound cool.
    Pts Values for AoS here!

Nippon Armybook: Isuu, Scribd, and free at Google Docs

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    451 (x8)

Sometimes? BAH! Ze bagpipes always sound cool... in fact the more the better

As for the musician thing. Its an odd one indeed but army books take priority in these situations. So unless an army book lets you have more than one.... well.

spambot kill tally: 79

[16:19] <@Alzer> Arky's right though
    [16:20] <@Kaiser-> I know he is.
    [16:20] <@Kaiser-> He usually is.
    [16:20] <@Kaiser-> Sometimes it's intentional.
    ----
    [00:01] <+zubus> i love you, ya skirt wearin nothern monkey! ^_^

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

280 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainSarathai View Post
    yeah, cause I'm sure their next half-arsed idea for fantasy will be to theme an army around the Scotts and have a regiment with the ability to field 10+ bagpipers.
    My only question is, would that count as the scottsmen getting close-combat attacks, or would it be a ranged attack that ignores plug-your-ears saves.
    sorry to any offended bagipers, sometimes they sound cool.
    well in 3rd edition WHFB you could have a Gnome army, maybe they should have bring back the gnomes but based on Terry Pratchetts, drunken, Scottish, blue-painted maniacs
    PLAN CLAN MAN!!

+ Reply to Thread