Chariots, Str 7, and Combat Resolution - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Koosh for the KooshLord kooshlord's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    99 (x3)

Chariots, Str 7, and Combat Resolution

Hi all,

I ran across a situation in a game recently that I wanted to get opinions on. Apologies if this has been posted elsewhere, I couldn't find it as I was looking through, but I could have missed it.

Two chariots charge a unit with a character in it. This character is Str 7 after great weapon inclusion. The chariots each get in contact with the character. He assigns 3 attacks to each (Chaos Lord of Khorne with great weapon). He successfully kills both chariots, inflicting a Str 7 wound on each. This results in the chariots loosing their remaining wounds and being destroyed. These chariots had 4 wounds each to start.

Has the character contributed 2 wounds or 8 wounds to the Combat resolution (two units were still in combat after chariot destruction)? I reasoned that since the Chariot rule says if hit by a str 7 which inflicts a wound, the chariot loses its remaining wounds, that 8 wounds count towards CR. Similarly, a character with one of those 'each successful wound inflicts D3 wounds' weapons would count all the inflicted wounds, not just the original one before the effect of the weapon. I see the chariot as an identical situation.

So, thoughts?

Thanks in advance,
    Koosh

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    47 (x1)

I believe that the only wounds that can be used for CR is only what the targets possess, except in the case of overkill in a challenge where there is, however, a cap of 5.
    This being the case(?), you would still count all 8 wounds for those chariots downed by 2 Str 7 hits.

I am curious as to where you got that a weapon inflicting D3 wounds(and rolls 2/3), even if the target only has 1, could count those extra wounds. The Tk flail of Skulls is starting to look much more tempting if this is true, which I only assume is not. Anything concrete?

So. Sorry to answer you with a question. Searching the rule book now...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

99 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by Palos View Post
    I am curious as to where you got that a weapon inflicting D3 wounds(and rolls 2/3), even if the target only has 1, could count those extra wounds. The Tk flail of Skulls is starting to look much more tempting if this is true, which I only assume is not. Anything concrete?
    Sorry, I was unclear. When I was talking about the D3 wounding weapons, I should have specified that I was referring only to wounds against multi-wound models. I don't believe the d3 wounds apply towards extra kills or combat resolution against 1 wound models.

Basically weapons like that and the chaos hellfire(?) sword are useful against chariots, and especially monsters and characters.

Thanks for the chariot confirmation!
    Koosh

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

I agree. I think you'd get all the wounds the model had remaining.
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

99 (x3)

excellent. Thanks for the confirmation!
    -Koosh

+ Reply to Thread