Slain rider and monster in unit - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x1)

Slain rider and monster in unit

There is no mention of what to do under the 'slain rider' rules when the monster is in a unit.

The character is dead so cannot leave the unit and the monster does not have the option to leave either (or to join for that matter...but that makes sense).

So can a unit leave a monster or vice versa? If the monster has decided to plant himself on the spot would that leave the unit immobile for the rest of the game too?

I believe the rules were written with dragons and such in mind, not the 3W mounts that some armies get to take, so have left out clarification.

If the unit can separate itself from the monster I'm assuming it can only do so in its own movement phase and must go along with any compulsory movement until then.

But then the next question, could a unit declare a charge and leave the monster behind if it has to stay put?

Common sense would dictate that the unit would be able to leave the monster behind but there is no rule that I've found that allows you to do this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

If the monster went berserk, wouldn't it attack the unit it had joined?
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x1)

If the monster went berserk, wouldn't it attack the unit it had joined?

Nope, pg 61 states that the frenzy and hatred only applies to enemies.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

Okay, now I'm home with my rulebook and can make an informed opinion.

On a 1-2, the monster is no problem and can stay with the unit. If it goes stupid, then it likes a character going stupid on page 78, top of 2nd column. If the monster goes stupid, the whole unit is stuck.

On a 3-4, the monster refuses to move, and the unit can leave it behind on their next turn.

On a 5-6, then I'd again refer to page 78, where the monster would charge out of the unit if the unit is not also charging.
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

+ Reply to Thread