[7ed] Tomb Kings & Resurrecting Characters in Chariots - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[7ed] Tomb Kings & Resurrecting Characters in Chariots

I just love my little night gobbos, so when a large unit of Tomb King chariots mows them down like... well grass, I get a bit disheartened and send my Big'Uns over to thump 'em but good. However this was a first time for chariots (and Tomb Kings) in my gaming group, and I had questions specific to that spell that recovers wounds and just how it works:

Situation:
    My Tomb King opponent has a 4-strong chariot unit, one of which is a Tomb Prince riding a chariot. After throwing some fanatics at it, I manage to take out the Tomb Prince's chariot. My opponent then detaches his Tomb Prince from the unit and proceeds with him on foot.

Questions:
    A. Can the 'recover wounds' spell give the Tomb Prince his chariot back now that he's detached from the unit? What if he stays in the chariot unit?

B. Had the character died and not the chariot, could the character be resurrected with that same spell instead?

C. Could he have chosen NOT to detach the Tomb Prince, and simply proceed with a lower M?

D. When using 'recover wounds' on the wounded chariot unit, will this ressurect chariots from the unit that were previously destroyed, or only help recover wounds on each model that is still in play?

Thanks in advance for any help. I don't own the TK Army Book, and this was just my first encounter with the army and I was looking for some clarification. I can understand how chariots could probably resurrect (as though there were one-wound models), but the situation involving the detached hero definitely left me a little confused.

Last edited by T'oog Spiderbutt; May 26th, 2007 at 14:52.

T'oog Spiderbutt, The Useless:

Who nearly survived a tussle for some cave.
    Who almost killed something in that creepy forest.
    Who briefly considered holding his ground during that battle on those plains...

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    523 (x8)

Characters can only join a unit of chariots if they are in a chariot themselves. If they are part of a unit when the chariot is destroyed then at the end of the phase he is removed from the unit.

When restoring wound to a character riding a chariot you must declare whether it is the chariot or the character being healed.

I can understand how chariots could probably resurrect (as though there were one-wound models)
    Chariot units do not resurrect as if they were one wound models, as they have three wounds

Ciao

Stonehambey

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    476 (x8)

B -
    Q. Can you resurrect a Tomb Kings character's chariot if it has
    been destroyed but the character is still 'alive'?

A. No. The character and his chariot are treated separately. Neither
    can you resurrect the character if the chariot is still 'alive'!
    S. Warhammer Chronicles 2004 page 119
    Also in the current TK FAQ on the GW website. Always try to read the FAQ first.

Having an army and not owning a rulebook is like owning a car with no steering wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by amishcellphone
    <3 rork. He does all the arguing so I don't have to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah yes, the errata. I knew I was missing SOMETHING important. Haha, thanks Rork. That helps clear a lot of things up, and it gives me a good rules reference to quote. One problem solved.

In response to Stonehamby however, I'm still a bit confused about the situation of resurrecting models in a chariot unit. As we have been playing it thus far, if a unit of 4 chariots takes 4 wounds (losing one model and wounding a second) but subsequently has two wounds healed, we would heal the damaged model for one wound and resurrect the removed model (as it was part of the original unit) with 1 wound.

Is this correct procedure?

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

523 (x8)

In response to Stonehamby however, I'm still a bit confused about the situation of resurrecting models in a chariot unit. As we have been playing it thus far, if a unit of 4 chariots takes 4 wounds (losing one model and wounding a second) but subsequently has two wounds healed, we would heal the damaged model for one wound and resurrect the removed model (as it was part of the original unit) with 1 wound.

Is this correct procedure?
    Ah yez, this is correct. I think I must have been confused by your first post

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the confirmation Stonehambey. This thread has pretty much answered all of my questions, you've both been a great help. Now I just gotta find a way to make my gobbos take 'em down for good... but that's my problem!

Happy gaming!

+ Reply to Thread