War Machines Fire Arc + Line of Sight - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Sussex, UK
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

1 (x1)

War Machines Fire Arc + Line of Sight

Ok just got White Dwarf #330 and on page 39 there are two pictures showing a Cannon with a fire arc as well as the Thunderers.

Now within our group we have never played Fire Arcs for any war machines as the rules for them state that you can freely pivot and then shoot at your chosen target:

Reading p85 "War Machines" under the "Shooting" section, paragraph one "..a player may freely pivot a war machine to face any direction he likes before shooting."

BUT reading p8 "Facing & Arc of Sight" shows that all models have a 90 degree arc and can only shoot something that lies within that.

So which is correct?

1. The machine has a 90 degree Fire Arc and can pivot within that to shoot at the target that can be seen. It cannot therefore, pivot 180 degrees to shoot at something behind itself that it doesn't really know is there or

2. The machine is free to pivot in any direction and can then shoot anything.

All subject to normal targetting rules of course.

2. Remove Advertisements

1 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

451 (x8)

Or you could look at a combo of the two. You can pivot all you like in the movement phase then have the fire arc in the shooting phase. Its how I’ve always done it after all
    Last edited by Arklite; June 20th, 2007 at 22:28.

spambot kill tally: 79

[16:19] <@Alzer> Arky's right though
    [16:20] <@Kaiser-> I know he is.
    [16:20] <@Kaiser-> He usually is.
    [16:20] <@Kaiser-> Sometimes it's intentional.
    [00:01] <+zubus> i love you, ya skirt wearin nothern monkey! ^_^

Prowling LO, looking for fresh meat.
    3 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

476 (x8)

Dear GW, please read your rulebook...

War machines are pivoted before they fire, so the 90 degree fire arc is always irrelevant. I suppose you could say it's true, but since they can always pivot without affecting their ability to fire, it need not apply.

Having an army and not owning a rulebook is like owning a car with no steering wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by amishcellphone
    <3 rork. He does all the arguing so I don't have to.

+ Reply to Thread