"counts as" base size etiquette question - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"counts as" base size etiquette question

Greetings, in my Dark Elf army i want to substitute my most excellently painted chaos furies as harpies - mostly because i don't own harpies and don't really want them anyways. I was wondering this - from what i understand, counting these furies as harpies should be ok, however, since i use them for my slaanesh chaos army they are mounted on 25x25 bases, not the normal DE size of 20x20 - so, my question is, regarding playing etiquette, do i need to ask permission of my opponent to use them or not? Do i need to allow for extra attacks against the unit/by the unit on account of the larger base size or not? Thanks for your help.

~Sybaris Slaay

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    476 (x8)

The base size will make a difference - it's not as useful for skirmishers in some cases since you actually end up with fewer models in contact.

It's best to check with your opponent beforehand, and possibly just accept you're going to be an attack down in some cases - it saves trying to muck around with the formation too much.

Having an army and not owning a rulebook is like owning a car with no steering wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by amishcellphone
    <3 rork. He does all the arguing so I don't have to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x1)

Use super powerful magnets!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    399 (x8)

Most people wouldn't mind mate but you do have to be careful with base sizes as they can give you a signifcant advantage.
    Mirage Arcana Podcast
    The "A Smart Player Will..." theory is a complete paradox. If we make an assumption that everything we do is outsmarted, then theoretically we can never win.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Skarsgard View Post
    Most people wouldn't mind mate but you do have to be careful with base sizes as they can give you a signifcant advantage.

i think for the case here it would be a dissadvantage because since his bases are bigger, that means that he can't get as many people in base to base combat for fighting so he loses an attack.

+ Reply to Thread