magic - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: magic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x2)

magic

I'm not new Games Workshop, or even these forum's, but I AM new to Fantasy. I have just started a Beasts army. Have yet to play my first game, but am in the process of reading the rules and the beasts army book.

There is something I'm not 100% certain about with regards to magic. So if I make a Tzeentch list, my Bray-shamans cannot have the Mark of Tzeentch, and because my beastlord DOES have this mark, can I have Bray-shamans with the Mark of Undivided? I think it says something about this being OK as long as I have Core choices that are Mark of Undivided... Are beastheards considered Mark of Undivided? I have no option of giving them a Mark. does no mark = Mark of Undivided?

Also, am I understanding it correctly that a Beast Sorcerer has to randomly generate his spell every magic phase? With the only option being swapping it out for the one on the top of the list? And if that is true, what happens if I have a magic item that gives me an extra spell...do I just get 2 rolls on the table?

thanks, and sorry if this is ultra-noob stuff, but, well, I am an ultra-noob.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    476 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Sinjin View Post
    I'm not new Games Workshop, or even these forum's, but I AM new to Fantasy. I have just started a Beasts army. Have yet to play my first game, but am in the process of reading the rules and the beasts army book.

There is something I'm not 100% certain about with regards to magic. So if I make a Tzeentch list, my Bray-shamans cannot have the Mark of Tzeentch, and because my beastlord DOES have this mark, can I have Bray-shamans with the Mark of Undivided? I think it says something about this being OK as long as I have Core choices that are Mark of Undivided... Are beastheards considered Mark of Undivided? I have no option of giving them a Mark. does no mark = Mark of Undivided?
    If your general has a mark, you can still include models with the mark of undivided. Similarly, it should say under "The Chaos General" on pg 51, BoC that "Models with no mark will be Chaos Undivided" (or something similar, I forget the exact wording).

You don't need an undivided core choice for an undivided character, that's only in undivided armies (with an undivided general). Pg 51, BoC is the most important page in the book. Going over a few times will make the Chaos army structure make more sense after a read or two.

(Along with Pg 55 of HoC (the same information), it's one of the main pg references I have committed to memory)

Also, am I understanding it correctly that a Beast Sorcerer has to randomly generate his spell every magic phase? With the only option being swapping it out for the one on the top of the list? And if that is true, what happens if I have a magic item that gives me an extra spell...do I just get 2 rolls on the table?
    It's only at the start of the game - pg 111, BRB.
    Last edited by Rork; July 5th, 2007 at 20:58.

Having an army and not owning a rulebook is like owning a car with no steering wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by amishcellphone
    <3 rork. He does all the arguing so I don't have to.

Tabletop Terraformer Tzeentch Lord's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    109 (x4)

I think it says something about this being OK as long as I have Core choices that are Mark of Undivided...
    As Rork said, read those pages a few times, it's sometimes confusing at first, but it does start to make sense (especially once you understand the 'politics' of the Chaos Gods. Ie. Undivided models will fight with anyone, but Marked models from the four gods won't fight together unless the General is Undivided. Those pages give more details.
    Are beastheards considered Mark of Undivided? I have no option of giving them a Mark. does no mark = Mark of Undivided?
    Beast herds, Warhounds and Marauders are effectively unmarked (and cannot normally be given marks), you can take them in any chaos army as long as you have the correct core/special/rare slots available of course.
    "Peace, through superior firepower."

+ Reply to Thread