Multiple Unit Combat vs Undead - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Multiple Unit Combat vs Undead

Me and a friend were playing our first higher point game last night (2200 pts). He is VC and I am Lizzies.

We had a combat situation that went like this...

My Temple Guard charged straight at the front of a large unit of Skeletons. A second unit of regular Warriors hit the flank. I end up killing a whole lots (like 20 something) of Skeletons after he takes casualties from combat resolution. He still has 8 or so left.

During his turn a small unit ofhis Knights hits the exposed flank of my Warriors. During the ensuing combat all his remaining Skeletons are wiped out. He only kills one Warrior. Our question became, Would the Cavalry take damage from the combat resolution score for the whole combat? They were only in base contact with the Warriors and with all the Skeletons now dead the TG were no longer in contact with anyone. But at the start of the combat round it would be all counted as one combat and you do score combat resolution by totalling up the points for an entire side, not just unit to unit.

All I could find in the BRB was rules for multiple units in combat fleeing and pursuing. Which doesn't happen here since Undead never run. They just take extra wounds.

So would the Cavalry have taken the excessive wounds?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

Every undead unit in the combat takes damage for the amount the entire combat was lost by (TK pg 21, don't know about VC).

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

VC is the same. If I have three units in combat and lose that combat by, for example, 2, then each undead unit takes 2 wounds. Unless I have a BSB nearby, which reduces the number by 1.
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DavidVC04 View Post
    VC is the same. If I have three units in combat and lose that combat by, for example, 2, then each undead unit takes 2 wounds. Unless I have a BSB nearby, which reduces the number by 1.
    Ah, so each undead unit would take the wounds. Is this in the VC armybook somewhere? I don't own it, just my friend. I prefer to be able to back up rule claims with page numbers when possible.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

Yes, it's clearly stated. It's beyond dispute.
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DavidVC04 View Post
    Yes, it's clearly stated. It's beyond dispute.
    "Beyond dispute" is not in my friend's vocabulary.

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    41 (x3)

You only calculate one set of combat resolution for the whole fight, therefore any results should be applied to all units that remain in combat.

A friend of mine tried to tip a combat once by charging a vampire into the back of my unit. He then lost combat by about 5 and his vampire died through combat res. I laughed.
    Helper monkey, bring me beer and donuts

+ Reply to Thread