Iron Will, Steel Body - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Iron Will, Steel Body

Forgive me if this is rough, but it is my first ever attempt at 40k fiction. I present the first chapter of "Iron Will, Steel Body"

Iron Will, Steel Body

Chapter 1: Introduction

I sense the enemy nearby. Through the miasma of ground fog and the haze of battle, audio sensors pickup the sound of armored treads and bodies nearing my position. I have the honor of neutralizing any tanks that threaten to overwhelm my brothers. I see the company Chaplain, moving amongst the squads steeling resolve with passionate oratory. The vox squawks and Sgt. Etrian reminds the squad of tactics. We, the Steel Brethren, defend Jelnor Prime from a cult of chaos that lurks like a cancer. I know that members of the Guard PDF have abandoned their charge as well as their humanity. We have not; we serve the Emperor and have done so with honor since our founding eight and a half millennia ago.
    Through the haze at the edge of the woods I see a shadow loom in the murk, a battle tank, a Leman Russ Conqueror. Spread eagled over the front glacis is the denuded and skinned body of an Imperial Guard Officer. The face and Officer’s cap is strangely untouched while the skin from this poor soul’s torso decorates the radio whip. Battle is joined. Weapons fire from heavy devastator squads heaps violent death upon the debased cultists and troopers who swarm like the vermin they are around the tank. Targeting sensors lock onto the side of the cultist vehicle right where the heavy bolter sponson attaches to the main frame. Beams of crimson stream from my lascannon and burn a whole the size of a human fist through the side of the tank. Retribution in the name of the Emperor flashes fuel into flame that purifies the foul vessel and sows justice on the surrounding cultists from the ensuing explosion.
    Momentarily stunned by the swift justice meted on their leader’s vehicle, the cultists pause in their assault. That is our opening. From bunkers and trenches, the marines of the Steel Brethren charge into the roiling mass of what once were loyal citizens of the Empire. I follow Sgt. Etrian dishing out heaping piles of just vengeance with purifying plasma fire and crackle of my Power Fist.
    All to soon the cries of battle subside. I have no need of apothecaries, I am uninjured. The Chaplain acknowledges me with a nod. Stalking through the smoke, I come upon the Cultist Leader’s tank. Using my power claw I tear the armor surrounding the unfortunate Guard Officer. I know not, his name, but he wore the headgear of a colonel. I carry the body back to the command post and ask the Chaplain for burial.
    I return to the Adeptus Mechanicus compound to speak with Techmarine Istrus. The weaponry that I have been blessed with works exceedingly well. My lascannon fire true and the modified plasma cannon underneath my Power fist does not overheat readily as the smaller units carried by my flesh and blood brethren do. What passes for a sigh comes from my vox transmitter. I have fought the enemies of the Empire of Man for over five millennia. My name is Darien, venerable dreadnaught of the Steel Brethren.

When in doubt call in an ordnance strike.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

not bad. I think it could maybe do with a little more spice though. Add some of your own flair to it. Nice work though (some rep for your work!)

DOWN WITH THE FALSE EMPEROR!!!MAY HIS GALAXY BURN!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you Frost. I knew going into this that a lot more of the fine details (bolt guns thundering, graphic descriptions of smaller characters was needed). This was sincerely my first attempt to just get the core idea down on "paper". It had been bouncing around for a while, but whenever I would start, it would evaporate.
    When in doubt call in an ordnance strike.

+ Reply to Thread