Where's Mike Walker? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Where's Mike Walker?

Well I was flicking through a few of my cousins old editions of WD; when the Dark Eldar were being released as a new army ;? and Paul Sawyer was editor; and found an amazing artical by someone called Mike Walker. His style of writing was both informative and compelling and totally about WHFB's! I then looked for other articles by Mike that might have been in my Cousins collection when his articles just vanished from WD and I haven't seen them since

Does anyone know what happened to this great testament of Fantasy Lore?

Baldrick, you wouldn't see a subtle plan if it painted itself purple and danced naked on top of a Harpsichord sining "Subtle plans are here again!"

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I vividly remember Mike Walker, he was easily the funniest writer in WD, and thats probably why he was quietly moved off the pages of the mag.
    He took the mickey far too much, and he openly found fault in a lot of the game mechanics AND put them into the magazine for all to read about, which was highly amusing, and his down-to-earth battle reports with his friends were the highlight of any WD.

Personally, I think he was given a dirt-nap by the shadowy GW organisation that operates above and beyond the big-wigs, as they realised his potential to create an uprising against them

Heres the last thing I found him in; Games Workshop - US White Dwarf but that may not be THE Mike Walker....
    Apart from that, he's probably leading the Resistance from somewhere underground in Devon or something....
    Herald of the Colonel; Festooned with pistols, riddled with vermin, and finger lickin' good...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He may have poked fun at the game, but you could still tell he loved it; even with it's little quirks . It's such as those that keep a Guy (and possibly Gal) interested!

The last article I can remember was "How to kill a Bloodthirster".
    Skinks and a Sock of Porridge were the conclusions
    Baldrick, you wouldn't see a subtle plan if it painted itself purple and danced naked on top of a Harpsichord sining "Subtle plans are here again!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    91 (x2)

Last I checked he was in Wiltshire. I doubt he'll be re-surfacing any time soon though.
    Up, up and away!

+ Reply to Thread