Delias System Invasion - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Prologue

“My Lord, we have just entered the Delias system,? groveled one of the ships crewmembers. Icarius the Daemon prince looked down upon the hunched creature with pity, “Ready the men for an assault upon Devlin III.? The creature scurried off, and commands began blaring over the comm. speakers. Icarius turned and looked out of the view-window over the growing shape of the soon to be besieged planet. A sleek grin crossed his pallid lips as he thought of the pleasure his men would gain from bringing the power of Slannesh down upon the Imperial troops garrisoned there. The green planet grew, and from the ship Icarius could see great seas criss-crossing its surface.
    Within the hour they were in orbit above the lush agri-world, and Icarius went to the docks to join his men on their landing of the planet. The warriors of Slannesh boarded landing vessels, readying for the ensuing slaughter they would wrack upon the planet. As the craft began to fall towards the surface of Devlin III, great Imperial weapons systems opened fire upon the fleet in orbit above the planet. The blue skies of the lush planet were dotted with the black streaks of the assault craft descending out of the heavens. Icarius took a breath, and said a prayer to Slannesh just as the assault pod slammed into the grassy surface of Devlin III. The great doors of the assault pod fell open and the occupants rushed out to bring death in the name of Slannesh.
    Many of the pods had fallen dead on target, directly south of the Imperial battle lines. Others fell tragically into the seas and where lost forever to the vastness of the water. The few unfortunate ones that were hit by anti-assault weapons lit the sky up in a pink and orange display of explosions. The forces of Icarius were upon the ground, and soon the guardsmen of the Delvin Royal Guard would rue the day they swore fealty to the false Imperium of man.

Part 1

Icarius looked down the hill at the Imperial battle line in front of him. With him were roughly two hundred men, a few bikes, and two of the infamous predators. Stretched out before his company was at least a thousand guardsmen, readying for the charge that was sure to come. Icarius raised his daemonic saber into the air and shouted, “Charge.? The mass of black and pink marines rushed at the embattled guardsmen, bolters spewing death into the ranks of the mortals. Cannon fire answered the charge, throwing noise marines about like rag dolls. To eliminate this threat, one of the predators trained its sonic weaponry on a Leman Russ battle tank. The sound ways tore holes through the armor of the behemoth, and made the computers go haywire. With a dazzling show of lights it erupted into a fountain of fire, blowing chunks of the tanks into the others near it. In front of the mass of chaos marines charged Icarius, his blade screaming for souls to devour. The marines were dying around him, but nothing was as spectacular as the display of Imperial troops dying. With each salvo of bolter fire, swathes of guardsmen fell, soaking the ground in a pool of blood. When the charge impacted the Imperial line, less than three quarters of the marines where standing. With a finesse unknown to the mortals of the Delvin Royal Guard, Icarius and his retinue of chosen cut through the beleaguered ranks of the Imperial men.
    Coming to the sight of Icarius was the Imperial commander, with his command platoon surrounding him. Leaping through the ranks of dying guardsmen he was upon the officer. With a swing and a slash half of the platoon fell, wounded deep in their torsos. With a force of daemonic power Icarius swung at the commander, but a shimmering power sword met the daemonic blade in the air. The officer countered with a flurry of blows, one of which drew a long cut through the prince’s leg. With a howl of pleasure, Icarius returned even fiercer. With a deep thrust he drove the blade through the stomach of the commander, who howled in pain. Looking deep into his eyes Icarius could see that he was alive, but being eaten by the daemon contained within his blade. With a howl of pain the officer went limp upon the daemonic blade of Icarius, who slashed upwards. The blow cleaved the officer in twain. As he turned to view the battle his forces had put the Imperials on the run. Less than three hundred of the mortals lived the battle, and many more would die of their wounds. Looking over his troops, Icarius saw roughly one hundred and twenty marines, a couple bikes, and one predator still operational. Smiling, Icarius gathered his men, and headed to the rendezvous point.

"Pain is the wine of communion among heros"
    Teachings of Rhetoricus

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

really good mate. im impressed.
    <span style='color:red'>&quot;Right lads, lets make a tactical advance to the rear of our posistion&quot;
    &quot;Errr do you mean run away?&quot;
    &quot;Thats the one&quot;</span>

&quot;Oh man, look at that.&quot;
    &quot;Where?&quot;
    &quot;Over there, by that river of boiling souls.&quot;
    &quot;Well I&#39;ll be damned... it&#39;s a Starbucks.&quot;

<a href='http://www.freewebs.com/ravensdark/' target='_blank'>THE SOUL REAVERS</a>
    <a href='http://www.freewebs.com/gaeisia/index.htm' target='_blank'>GAESIA</a>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

should I continue, hey man, want my new email, cause I have a cool project for us to work on. Just let me know if your interested.
    &quot;Pain is the wine of communion among heros&quot;
    Teachings of Rhetoricus

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with Ravensdark, it is a really cool story and I would like to read some more of it.

I would also be interested in working with you guys on a story if you&#39;ll let me, I am an avid 40K fiction writer and can do lots of Imperial Guard based stories if you&#39;re interested.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don&#39;t see why not. A three way piece could work nicely as we were planning something like that.

If you could post up one of your IG stories or give us a link to one already up we can have a butchers and see what we can do.
    <span style='color:red'>&quot;Right lads, lets make a tactical advance to the rear of our posistion&quot;

&quot;Where?&quot;

<a href='http://www.freewebs.com/ravensdark/' target='_blank'>THE SOUL REAVERS</a>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ver very nice *applause* MORE
    [IMG]img%20src=%27http://img62.exs.cx/img62/5816/Minty__s_sig.jpg[/IMG]
    Join The G.R.O.S.S Calvin and Hobbes Clan <a href='http://forum.librarium-online.com/index.php?showtopic=11196&st=0' target='_blank'>here</a>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Macharius Ravensdark@Jun 7 2004, 13:37
    I don&#39;t see why not. A three way piece could work nicely as we were planning something like that.

If you could post up one of your IG stories or give us a link to one already up we can have a butchers and see what we can do.
    Here you go.

My first story...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That was pretty sweet ghost, if its okay with PDS, im sure you can join in, but it is his project so we&#39;ll have to wait and see. We wont be starting for a few days aswell.

&quot;Where?&quot;

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Macharius Ravensdark@Jun 8 2004, 10:14
    That was pretty sweet ghost, if its okay with PDS, im sure you can join in, but it is his project so we&#39;ll have to wait and see. We wont be starting for a few days aswell.
    That one isn&#39;t that good I don&#39;t think but I&#39;ve been writing one in a notebook I carry round. Its a hell of a lot better but I aren&#39;t going to put it up on the site until I&#39;ve finished it but I&#39;ll send you a link to it when I do put it up if you&#39;d like.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sound. As i say it was of a descent standard, as there are some people (no-offence) who arn&#39;t very good at writing. If this other one is far better than you shoud fit in very nicely.

&quot;Where?&quot;

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast