Request for Artwork: Beastmen - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

Request for Artwork: Beastmen

As some of you may (and many of you may not) be aware, i have been working on my own version of the Beastmen army book. I'm nearing the end of the writing stage, so now i'm looking to finish off the book nicely (in pdf format) with some awesome pictures.

Basically what i'm after is some sketches of the different types of Beast within the army. Things like Beastmen, Furygor, Minotaurs and Dragon Ogres. Unfortunately, my artwork skills fall a bit short...

There are some bits of GW artwork that id love to include, but im assuming that may land me in trouble

But over here in the Artwork forum, you guys really know what you're doing Use anything you like for inspiration (existing art, your creative minds, cake (?? ), etc).
    Unfortunately i can't really afford to pay anyone for their work () sorry. I'm kinda hoping to appeal to your good nature (and procrastination requirements around exam time ).

If anyone is up for giving some art a shot, please leave a reply in this thread with your initial thoughts about what you can and would like to do. Personally i'm a huge fan of black and white sketches and would like to see some concept sketches and finalised work of this type, but full colour, computerised and other work will definitely be welcome too

There is no promise that all (if any) artwork will be included, but if i get something awesome then id really like to find a space for it in my book

http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...boc-6-5-a.html

Above is a link to the army(book) design thread. If you'd like a copy of the book please PM me with your email address

Last edited by Phoenix; May 26th, 2009 at 00:41.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    324 (x8)

I've actually been looking to brush up my photoshop B+W work, so I could look into getting something together for ya Phoenix. Might take me a few weeks though, I'll get what I have to you as soon as each piece is "done" and if you ever want touch ups just let me know.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    32 (x1)

I will try to sketch something soon just give me some 3 - 4 days

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    32 (x1)

I will try to sketch something for the furygors soon just give me some 3 - 4 days. For now i can send you this sketch i had done last year, it is not specifically beastmen but you could use it as a form of centigor or centilord Hope you like it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

Awesome guys! 2 responses already Thats 2 more than i expected to get ever! lol.

Draag, that guy is pretty sweet. Would you be willing to make a re-sketch with some requested alterations? No worries if not.

And seriously, there is no rush time wise. Ill probably be fiddling with this book all summer haha.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    32 (x1)

Of course i am, tell me what you want changed and i try work on it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nothing I love to draw more than chaos-corrupted stuff

I'll try to help out, but just warning you, I'm addicted to video games D:

Edit: Oops, I just realized how old this thread is. Still need the sketchies?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

579 (x8)

Yes please!

Havent worked on the book in a while, but dont worry! I will get into gear again soon!

(And even if i dont.. you will have some aweome artwork to be proud of, hehe )

But i will...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

539 (x8)

I'll make some Beastmen banners for you tommorow!
    Got a "good" rumour from a GW staffer? Forget about it, LO'ers know more than any random GW shop staffer.
    Voor alle nederlanders:
    The Dutch Legion
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
    Yes please!

Havent worked on the book in a while, but dont worry! I will get into gear again soon!

(And even if i dont.. you will have some aweome artwork to be proud of, hehe )

But i will...
    Alrighty, count me in then, as soon as I'm done with homework and stuff, I'll try to scan up a pic.

(Space reserved and stuff for a gor)

Alright, I completed a sketch that seems reasonable. I'll scan it tomorrow, see how it goes, and what you need me to fix.
    Last edited by The Green Meep; July 15th, 2009 at 05:32.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast