Request for art - Alpha Legion symbol - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x1)

Request for art - Alpha Legion symbol

Hey all,

I'm looking to get an Alpha Legion tattoo done in black, approx 2x2 inches big but cant find something I am completely satisfied with. The current symbol's front two heads are too cluttered and packed in. Also design of the heads aren't very appealing (seen below)

AlphaLegionSymbol.jpg

I like the larger of the symbols on the CSM decal sheet for the simplicity and balance of the shape. However, there isnt enough detail on the heads and I think maybe it needs more jaw structure or fangs, something akin to the Tyranid symbol:

tyranid_symbol_small.jpg

I've tried a few sketches to try to revamp the symbol a little and haven't found something I'm really happy with. Can anyone assist me in coming up with something more sleek, yet simple and badass as well?

I'll provide the artist with a blister pack of their choice sent from GW's website of about $15-20 USD if I decide to use the design.

Thanks!

Attached Images

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    78 (x3)

Don't do it man, you'll look back in 10 years and think Why the F@@K Did I do this to myself?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x1)

Really the decision is up to you. What I have found helpful is not only ask artists you know of (like here) , but also take that design to a tattoo artist. Let them expand on it a bit. They may surprise you. I'm lucky and have 3 studios within walking distance of my house, so dont just settle on one artist.Take it to as many as you feel comfortable with. My opinion is the tattoo artist always does a better job when he gets to let his creativity flow.
    Green iz da' BEST!
    Orkz is made fer' two fings! Fightin', and winnin'!

+ Reply to Thread