Story - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Story

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds good to me...

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It seems good, but I agree with Inquisitor. I am, however, going to state my point in a way that doesn't reduce your self-esteem to a yellowish gunk. When you say "feet," it sort of detracts from the story's alien element. When writing about the landscapes of the year 40,000 or thereabouts, it helps you use made-up but cool sounding measurements, especially for races like Eldar or Tau. When people read and get into your story, they start getting absorbed, but saying something like "feet" or a colloquialism from the 21st century brings them back with a yank and disrupts the story. Check out Inquisitor's or my fluff for good examples or alien worlds. Remember, you're not just writing a story, you're adding onto a massive existing tapestry of stories and backgrounds.
    Si em, tow en can de lach.
    Tak! Tak! Tak ah wan, Tak a lah!
    Mi tow, can de lach.
    Mi him, en tow.

Closed Thread