US WD 307 - Favoritism - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    171 (x6)

US WD 307 - Favoritism

There was some good and some bad in the new WD IMO. First off, the Painting Wood Elves section was excellent. I really like seeing how the Studio army was put together and this time they outdid themselves with the color palettes and different seasons.

Also, the Wood Elf vs. Orc's battle report was pretty fun to read, even if it was slightly suspect. How could the Orcs have even managed to lose that report after laying waste to the Elf army? I think maybe there were some fudged figures, but hey, It was great to see WE in battle again.

Then I got the Los Angelos Games Day Golden Demon winners and I have to say I'm quite disappointed with the obviously partial judging. I mean, yes, Tom Schadle an incredible painter and is many levels above myself. But we aren't comparing me to him, we are comparing him to other people who are in a master class of painting.

For instance I look at the Warhammer 40k Large Model section and I'm totally unimpressed with that Tau Battlesuit. The conversion work is quite basic and honestly was something I could have done after my second year in this hobby. The painting is basically a black model with several layers of some blue and orange highlights. It was nothing compared to the Old One Eye model in the least. OOE had incredibly intricate patterns, very dynamic positioning and a unique but pleasing color scheme.

Again in the Warhammer single miniature he painted the Eltharion model and granted it looks good, but it in no way shape or form compares to the Mounted Empire Hero that it was competing with. Also, while I didn't really care for the overall model, the free hand painting on the banner of the Cold One Character was just incredible.

Lastly, words can't even express how poor of a comparison the Ogre Ninja was to the Prophetess of the lady OR the chaos chariot. That Ogre Ninja deserved Bronze at the best.

Does anyone else think that when GW latches onto a person that they like, they tend to give that person nearly every award that they put in for? I mean, He won a Gold award for all but two categories that he put a model in. I think that some other people didn't get a fair look at their models, but from where I'm sitting their models were incredible.

They must really like Mr. Schadle cause they heaped as many awards on him as they did For Mr. Orteza during the Atlanta Games Day.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    222 (x7)

Don't you mean WD308? I was impressed by the Wood Elves throughout it, and their Battle report. T'Was much more enjoyable(not just the Battle Report) than the new Tyranids in the past three or so issues.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    99 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by Pierced53
    Don't you mean WD308? I was impressed by the Wood Elves throughout it, and their Battle report. T'Was much more enjoyable(not just the Battle Report) than the new Tyranids in the past three or so issues.
    Depends if youre UK or US? my WD308 was WE v's Orks but there were no Golden Daemon entries shown.
    Every time you read this sig: a fairie dies!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree that the battle report was a little suspect. Why didn't the orc player put his archers on the hill? They barly did anything.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the question is:
    why did the orc player play the archers? :cool:

Von Romanoff :eek:

The Thousand Sons and The Ultramarines face eachother on opposite sides of a battlefield.
    Bob: Move the troops into those strategic positions to face the chaos scum!
    Magnus: *Eyes glow* You want to move the troops into the minefield.
    Bob: *Turns to Sergeant* No, move them into the minefield instead.
    Magnus: Heh.

Quote Originally Posted by
    May the Emperor's Light shine upon you, and the commissar's barrel not
    (\_/)
    (0.0)
    (><)

SM Emperor's shadows: Undefeated 15-0-0(the last count as 2 ;) )
    SM Lysander Bomb:Undefeated 2-0-0

+ Reply to Thread