The Fate Of Rs424 - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After grinding to a halt halfway through my homework, I decided to relax by writing the following. Any comments? (Except by the Spelling and Grammar police )

Object: Vox-Recorder discovered on RS424
    Date Found: 2140765/M41
    Brief Outline of Contents: Recording of a soldier’s last words
    Reference Code: Tyr/456.121.56.AS

Commit to: Imperial Record GHT 16/2322
    Inquisition Record 2141 2/2452
    Crossfile to: Tyranid Xenos
    RS424 (Lost Hope)
    Input Date: 2143765/M41
    Input Clearance: Inquisitor Reichmann
    Author: Unknown Soldier, Body not found.
    Transmitted: Child of Hope (Moon of RS424)
    Transmitter: Inquisitorial Astropathic Array R723X
    Receiver: Astropath-Terminus Keris

Thought For The Day: Avenge the dead; safe in the knowledge that someone will avenge your end too.

++Recording Commences++

Date: 3132765/M41

(A sizable part of the recording is corrupted and untranslatable. What follows is all that I could recover)

Its cold now. The creatures have destroyed our power generators, and all our enginseers best efforts to get them back online have failed. They know that we will freeze to death here. They seem like unintelligent fiends, of little consequence by themselves, but as a group, they outthink even our best tacticians, as if they share their minds with one another.

For three days now, we have been trapped here, with no food, no water, no heat, nothing. Ammo is running low, and moral lower. We all know our fate, but it is our duty to sell our lives as dearly as possible. Our Astropath was unable to send a distress call; he mentioned a great darkness before he died – his mind torn apart by the strain. He died to try and help us all, but ultimately in vein.

Every hour, our numbers dwindle as the barricades fall, and are hastily rebuilt. Most of us, including me, are wounded, and are in no fit state to fight. But if rumour are true, the commissars are going to move those able to fire a gun up to the entrances to defend the barricades anyway, and all those who can’t fight, will be executed and cut up to feed those who can. We all know it’s the only way, but that doesn’t make it any easier.

(Corrupted Segment)

We were forced to collapse one of the entrances a few hours ago. The numbers of the tyranids were to many, and I can still hear the screams of those trapped by the rubble being found by the monsters. My brother is one of them. I hope the spirits of the afterlife are good to him, but now, in this dank pit, miles under the surface, it’s hard to remember that our holy Emperor is watching us.

Are we now the only ones left on this planet? Is everyone else gone? I hate to consider the thought, but with each passing moment, it becomes more probable. If there were others alive, they would have sent for help, surely. Maybe help is on its way. Or maybe “the darkness? is stopping all communication. I must be confident that help is forthcoming, else I die without hope.

(Corrupted Segment)

The second entrance has fallen. The tyranids are flowing through, like some unholy flood. A sea of spikes, blades and chitin. Yet this flow is entirely silent. After fighting on many battlefields, having such a quiet enemy is disconcerting, and makes me consider how they must conduct their attacks. Telepathy maybe? Or perhaps something else. Holy Emperor! Why do I consider such things when my death is mere moments away?

(What proceeds is manic laughter followed by a series of clicks and gurgles. The Vox-Recorder continues to record for a further hour and 14 minutes, during which time, only the noise of battle can be heard. Gunfire, screams and the like. Nothing of use)

++Recording Ends++

My Nobel and Observant Lord,
    Further to the above recording, I wholeheartedly recommend a crusade against the alien menace in the Hope sector. The loss of RS424 has crippled the surrounding areas economy, and stopped its tithing output. We must rally all the support possible and mobilize against Hive fleet Phobos.

Your Obd’t servant

Inquisitor Reichmann

I live in your eyes

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

woopee!! :lol: very good very good. i hope you will write some more stuff cause this is pure gold your writing. i'm impressed

--for the greater good--

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nice man nice. in the words of agent smith.

MORE!!!!
    Wir Werden Vorherrschen!

"I cast Lvl. 3 Eroticism. You turn into a real beautiful woman."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the positive feedback. I'll write more just as soon as my creativity builds up to a level where it needs to be released.
    I live in your eyes

Closed Thread