In The Company Of Mad Men - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Karoth gazed down at the remains of his foe. He did not remember his battle, merely that he had won. Slannesh had smiled upon him this day, and the follower of the false emperor lay, gazing into the eternal void. Inquisitor Valk was no more.

Despite the raging heat of this planet, Karoth wore thick clothing, robes and shirts, to mask his many mutations. Blessings from above they may be, but upon Logan’s World, they could well be his death. For Logan’s world was a fiercely loyal imperial planet, under the iron grip of a fanatical Governor, who sought only to line his pockets with money gleaned from the bodies of all those before him.

The people lived in poverty, victims of a cruel regime. All who were able to, were sent to work in the mines, those who could not were killed. Logan’s world was rich in minerals, many exclusive to the bizarre tectonic activity of the planet. For Logan’s World was once two worlds, until they strayed too close to one another, and were torn apart by each other’s gravity. Decades later, they passed by a super giant sun, and were crushed back together into one planet.

Governor York, enemy of the people, was the perpetrator of this suffering, the cause if the agony. Karoth had once worked in these mines. However, in his desperation, he found the perfect answer. Chaos. And he never looked back.

He strolled back into the centre of the town. Town was used in a loose sense, as it was a mass of tents surrounding the mine entrances. Here people did not live, they merely survived. Surrounding one of the main mine entrances was Karoth’s home, and Karoth eagerly wished to rest after his battle with the inquisitor.

As he neared his tent, he could tell something was wrong. Smoke was billowing from beyond the tents in front of him, and people were fleeing in panic. He rounded the corner, and was met with the sight of his, and all the surrounding tents on fire, and his wife and child nailed to crosses. They were already dead, and the signs left hanging from their bodies told a horrifying tale.

“Here hang the bodies of Marian and Jacob. Wife and son of Karoth, traitor, heretic and murderer. Know that all those who Karoth loves and care for will meet a similar fate. Logan’s World will not tolerate cowards who feel that the Chaos gods are the answer, nor do we tolerate those who oppose the system. Karoth has done both, and if he is not dead already, The Emperor’s Inquisition will make it so, soon.?

Now Karoth knew why the Inquisition were on Logan’s World, and why they were after him. They knew, and they would not stop until he was dead. Now, there was little time for Karoth’s plan to come to fruition. He must kill York, for his wife, his son, and the people of this bleak planet. Then he can die, safe in the knowledge that Slannesh will look kindly upon him.

More too come soon…

Comments Welcome...

I live in your eyes

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    32 (x2)

Hey that's a very good story!! In my opinion I think you've written it very well so far, only there is no harm in creating a second or third draft if you wanted to improve on it. I like your storyline so far as well. I hope to read the continuation soon since I am interested in what happens next. :w well done. It's nice to know of inqusitor's getting an arse kicking too. Keep it up!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Sister. The second part's on it's way, just as soon as I can muster the... errr... I dont know of a word that could go here, so i'm going to make on up.

I'll continue just as soon as I can muster the arseage. That will do.
    I live in your eyes

Closed Thread