Multiple White Dwarf Magazines - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Would You Like To See All English Speaking White Dwarf Magazines Combined?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, Combine Them

17 70.83%
  • No, Don't Combine Them

5 20.83%
  • Other, I'll explain in a post

2 8.33%
+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    171 (x6)

Multiple White Dwarf Magazines

Ok, I don't know about anyone else, but I'm personally tired of seeing three different (perhaps more than three) English speaking White Dwarf magazines each month.

The main argument I have against three different magazines is that they each contain totally different articles, which is really absurd in a world as interconnected as we are today. I may totally alone in this line of thinking, but I don't think that they should "nationally profile" us and decide what articles each country will get.

There have been several different times where I have wanted the English or Australian version just because it had an article in it about guardsmen that my own White Dwarf decided that we didn't need.

As a recent example the US WD recently had an article about Imperial Guard High Command units that the other WD's didn't bother to release at all. I know that many people in England and Australia (among other countries) would have liked to see these articles too.

So the premise of this poll is to see how many people would rather see one English speaking White Dwarf with the same articles in them?

NOTE: I'm not saying that the Events page, or new stores pages should be the same, but the articles which are the meat of the magazine, should be the same for everyone except for in rare rare circumstances.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    99 (x5)

We got the High Command Article at a later date here in the UK. Plus with the websites allowing interchange I like having a seperate issue.
    Plus spelling and nuances of speech change between nations. Americans spell several words incorrectly for example. (to them i'm sure its the opposite).
    Every time you read this sig: a fairie dies!

ISIS Secret Agent Squishy mpdscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    332 (x7)

To be honest, I'm not terribly bothered by having 3 different versions of WD, as you said, they all have different articles, but eventually they all get them at some point, and with the beautiful thing we call the "dammit, load up you stupid page....bloody internet", is that all the important stuff from any of the versions is readily available online (even the poor spelling in the US one)

The problem I have with WD at the moment, is that they are now apparently not releasing them until the 1st of the month they are for, instead of a couple of days before as they used to. I know it's not really a big deal, but it's the only magazine I know of that ISN'T available before the date on the cover. This might just be an Australia wide thing, or it could just be the sods at the local hobby store...
    Mysterious Member of the ANZAC Clan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

they can keep national issues different, but ...

They can keep national issues different, but I think they should develop a system where at least subscribers can get at all the content from other versions on the web. White Dwarf is a great advertising vehicle for the company and different content excites different people. Templars have me all jazzed, Tyranids make me yawn (in magazines, not when they're bearing down on my army).

I think GW misses numerous marketing and sales opportunities with every article people miss. So they should be committed to making sure everyone sees every article, or at least has a chance to.
    Now a surgeon cuts off rotten limbs; and mangy sheep are isolated from the healthy; but a prudent Judge will not consider it safe to bind himself down to one invariable rule in his method of dealing with a prisoner who is endowed with a witch's power of taciturnity, and whose silence he is unable to overcome. For if the sons of darkness were to become accustomed to one general rule they would provide means of evading it as a well-known snare set for their destruction. - Malleus Maleficarum , part III.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wings of Doom
    We got the High Command Article at a later date here in the UK. Plus with the websites allowing interchange I like having a seperate issue.
    Plus spelling and nuances of speech change between nations. Americans spell several words incorrectly for example. (to them i'm sure its the opposite).
    Spelling mistakes like color or aluminum?

I do get kind of annoyed when I see the same cover page from version to version, then I find out that it doesn't have what the other one has inside but that's about it. I remember when I was going to buy the new ruleset I was visiting my family here in the states, and because I had looked at the UK version I figured the same stuff would be in the one at my local American hobbie shop. So I ended up buying both versions, because I needed the UK one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well unlike the other posters i agree one hundred percent with hourglasses comments why should the other countries of the world not get a main article (unless its illegal there e.t.c.) and what really annoys me is the fact that i might have missed out on a new unit i could use in 40k!

zeus
    Fear The Wrath Of The ANZAC Clan!
    All Bow For The Anime Clan!
    When did I realise I was God?
    Well one day I was praying and I realised...
    I was talking to myself!
    Primarch Of The Iron Clan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    99 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by zeus
    Well unlike the other posters i agree one hundred percent with hourglasses comments why should the other countries of the world not get a main article (unless its illegal there e.t.c.) and what really annoys me is the fact that i might have missed out on a new unit i could use in 40k!

zeus
    If you read a post then the UK got the Aussie WD on High Command, and trust me you didn't miss much.

Are some rules slightly differnt between countries?
    Every time you read this sig: a fairie dies!

+ Reply to Thread