Tanau Valley - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tanau Valley

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The cold winter sunlight slowly filled the valley, awakening the few birds and animal life still standing the numbing cold of this place known as Tanau. Soon, light smoke rose from the chimneys of the little village in the very centre of the valley. Townsfolk scattered out of their small huts and went about starting their day. Children running around playing games, their sweet laughter filling the air with warmth, the elderly sat down in a park to watch yet another day unfold itself and bring its own mysteries. Some went to their jobs, and some stayed indoors, perhaps to work on another idea for a plow they might use next autumn.
    "Well, Elthui, this is the day. The soldiers are arriving soon. You will be at home in no time" said a friendly flowing voice from behind Elthuis watchpost, where he had been observing the human village for the last three weeks.
    "Still no sign of the object?" his Commander asked him.
    Althwe, as the Commanders name was, was a gentle man with a soft nature. When he smiled, you smiled. That was how he affected people. He could calm a raging bull, of that Elthui was certain.
    "No, Commander. The runners from post two and three have not seen anything either, last I heard."
    Commander Althwe smiled, standing there with his arms folded infront of his chest, in a relaxed pose. He seemed to be thinking. It seemed to be a problem weighing heavily on his shoulders. There was a long silence. Elthui was about to speak, when Althwe spoke.
    "Well, it will not matter, anyhow. Right, pack your stuff and send runners to the northern and the western posts, telling them to packup and come in to camp immediately". Then he smiled that smile he always did, which made the his concerned thinking seem like as he was merely wondering what to eat for lunch.
    "Yes, Commander." Elthui replied, as Althwe turned to walk to the camp. Elthui smiled to himself while packing his belongings. Althwe was probably right in his assumptions. Lord Tuave would not let the human tribe get in harms way. Of this he was certian. Surely, the Lord would see that there was no need to slaughter the innocent. At least, thats what Elthiu hoped for. Although with these Nagarythian Lords, you could never know...

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    52 (x2)

kick@ss story Slai. I can't wait until you get to the battle scenes. Keep it up dude.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The Psychotic, Soda Addicted, Level-Headed Christian Friendly, Sexy Japanese Girl of LO

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The night was allready upon them as the small elven camp awoke as the much awaited soldiers arrived by the cover of darkness. Elthui came out from his tent to see these warriors he had been waiting for the past three weeks. As he laid his eyes upon them, his heart was struck with pain and sorrow. The elves coming out from among the trees wore dark, even black hoods. Their armour was not bright and shiny like the usual warriors were, but dark and depressing.
    One of the hooded elves, clad in nearly black armour with the sigil of House Demandre on its chest, removed the hood, exposing a nearly gray, ashy face. The elf stood tall, in a posture that indicated that noone outranked him around here, and he gave the impression that he would stand as tall even in the presence of the Phoenix King himself. He had this aura of respect and authority which seemed unquestionable. His eyes were buried in deep dark sockets, yet shone as like the flames of Asuryan.
    He told the campers that his name was Lord Tuave Demandre, and that they were all under his command for as long as he needed them. Commander Althwe agreed after reading a letter the Lord had handed him. With his keen eyes, Elthui could make out the sigil of the King himself on the letter.
    Lord Demandre then turned towards his Host, and they all made themselves comfortable. None seemed to want to mingle with the scouting party, rather they kept their distance and placed themselves a bit away.
    Eight knights in the dark hoods they all wore, sat down by a tree across from Elthuis tent. They could only be recognized as Silver Helms by their armour, which was bright, yet battleworn. They all fixed up their pipes and stuffed them, resting their heads back towards the sturdy trunk of the leafless tree. The Damned Sons of Nagaroth, they were called. Elthui had heard the stories of those eight. All elves had.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd just like to tell inky that I will be updating this, just not this weekend. If anyone reads this at all and for some reason wants to see what happens next, be sure to follow, as I will keep updating with new replies for each time I write a part. For some reason this damned fluffsection wont let me edit my own posts, so I have to do it like that.

Well, please comment if you want to =) . Critisism and praise are equally accepted =) .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

52 (x2)

So far it is going nicely do. Can't wait to read more of it .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The Psychotic, Soda Addicted, Level-Headed Christian Friendly, Sexy Japanese Girl of LO

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nice start on the high elves story m8 im expecting more of this soon maybe scout squad meets a couple of dark elves or chaos?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    116 (x6)

i like it very secretive and unnerving
    Veni Vidi Variant
    I came, I saw, I got a different type of Leman Russ.

The spikey ones go faster.

98% of the teen population has smoked weed, the other 2% went straight to crack.

Saga of the Ages. Click it.

Rules for grenades are on page 72 of the rulebook.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    32 (x2)

I like it, you got alot of details, but not too much. Even though, the elves goal was that clear from the begining. Keep it up, i think it will be great when you finnish its.
    "As I walk through the valley of LO I fear no spammer, because I got the power to ban"

Of Trui and Gay

A Chaos Space Marines Diary

Svenska Rackham Sidan

troopseses!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Damned Sons had been a legend for as long as Elthui could remember. Tales were told nearly daily all over Ulthuan of their bravery and skill in battle. But each and every of those tales also told of their barbaric actions. Their ruthless nature. How they slaughtered dark elves villages, burned down homes with women and children still in them, their massacring of their darker kind. They were a scary childrens tale to warn the elven children. "Be good, or the Damned Sons will come after you!"

Elthuis gaze wandered over to the small gathering of hooded elves a few yards from the dark Silver Helms. Shadow Warriors. They were making arrows and sharpening arrowheads. The warriors seemed not to be a constant number. He counted twelve. Then he blinked. Suddenly there were fifteen of them. Again he blinked, just to see that they were only eight. They seemed to blend in with the woods and the darkness as well, so that if you looked hard enough, you might even spot a few where you were sure there were nothing other than a treestump. They gave the impression that they blended with the shadow itself, appearing and disappearing at will.

Elthui went to bed, and prayed to the Gods for a peaceful solution to what was next for them. The Shadow Warriors were probably going to move in during the night for scouting the village out. He prayed that there would be no complications. Then sleep took hold of him, and he was swept away into a world of pleasant dreams.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

52 (x2)

keep them coming Slai.... :rolleyes:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast