Here it is. Some fiction for you. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Illustrator Extraordinair Adrian MalSeraph's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    192 (x7)

Here it is. Some fiction for you.

Try this on for size.

Untitled

The battle was not progressing well.

"Report," Colonel Crowe barked into the master vox-caster.

Various reports came in. So far the 318th Platoon was doing the worst, nearly half its orginal number sleeping eternally. If things continued as they have, the company would be wiped out by the end of the day.

Colonel Raur Crowe commanded the Cadian 300th, 12th Company. Their original orders were to stop an incursion of mutants and traitors from taking a munitions factory on Agripnaa. But soon the traitor numbers swelled to include the Word Bearers Traitor Legion and the Daemons that follow closely behind.

Crowe had requisitioned the Blood Angels, but he knew that they weren't guaranteed to come. He did not care for the Space Marines, his men were enough to handle the minions of Chaos. But he also knew that it may be their aid that would ensure victory.

Crowe turned to his advisors for condolance. But they had none to offer. The Commissar Graive maintained his steely scowl and merely grunted. Priest Mabu continued to exclaim his faith in the Immortal Emperor. Right now, Crowe was more worried about his men. Last was his Sanctioned Psyker. He did not know his name, for he cared less for psykers than he did Space Marines. The Eye of Terror would close before the day he trusted them.

His vox-caster crackled to life.

"Sir, Sergeant Adeus reporting, sir," the vox said.

"Go ahead," Crowe replied sternly.

"Sir, Sanctioned psykers out here tell of shifts in the warp, perhaps a Greater Daemon."

"Anything else?" Crowe demanded.

"The Traitor Marines presence has incited large numbers of Daemons to appear, moslty Bloodletters of Khorne. We will need support." The sergeant's voice sounded urgent.

"Thank you, keep me posted." He clicked a button on the caster, "I need Demolishers in Sector 5 to support the 312th platoon, acknowledge."

A crude voice came over the speaker, "Did someone order a Demolisher Cannon? Right, on our way.

Crowe replaced the reciever as he watched three Leman Russ' move to Sector 5, Demolisher Cannons raining death upon the traitors.

Hmm, Crowe thought, a Greater Daemon. This would be a job for the Grey Knights, but they may not arrive in time to help. Let us hope those Space Marines arrive.

He prayed for the guidance of the Emperor, then turned to the Sanctioned Psyker.

"You there, psyker," Crowe called over his shoulder.

"My name is Dolphus, sir," he said contemptuously. "Yes?"

This was the last thing Crowe needed, a bitter person who could easily split him in half with a flick of the wrist.

"Dolphus," Crowe lilted, "Do you sense the same thing as the field psykers?"

Dolphus slowly closed his eyes. Several moments passed. He finally opened them.

"There is most certainly a very large presence in the warp, but it is too soon to determine what it is," he said tonlessly.

"Thank you," Crowe said, "Let us pray it is a Blood Angel battle barge."

The battle continued to rage as Crowe watched. However, it was slowly degrading. Crowe was forced to pull more troops from the Regiment, calling in the 33rd Company, which was closest. Still, things looked grim. On the second day of the incursion, Crowe began to feel a twinge of desperation.

Crowe continued to dwell in his thoughts. How were they going to emerge victorious from this battle. The traitor forces were advancing. Slowly, but still advancing. The very nature of the Word Bearers Legion gave them almost limitless amounts of troops.

"Sir."

Crowe jumped at the sergeant's voice. "Yes, what is it?" he asked breathlessly.

"Sir, I think you should see this," the sergeant said grimly to the Colonel, handing over the binoculars.

Crowe lifted the binoculars to his eyes. What he saw struck him with fear. He saw a bulky figure rising in the air, writhing and twisting like a helpless insect.

"Dolphus!!!" Crowe called to the psyker.

"It is a Greater Daemon, and it will be arriving momentarily," said Dolphus monotonously.

"May the Emperor guide us!!" the priest cried out, raising his arms in the air.

The Aspiring Champion suddenly exploded and in his place formed a monstrous Bloodthirster, leathery wings spread wide, and clad in Brass armour adorned with the symbol of Khorne.

"DAMN!!!" Crowe yelled.

The Bloodthirster loosed a mighty bellow, raised it's giant axe and swung, knocking an entire squad into the air.

"All heavy weapons teams, concentrate fire onto the Bloodthirster," Crowe spat into the vox-caster, "If you have a lascannon, I want to see it targeted on that Daemon. First and Second Basilisks, ready your Earthshakers and fire on my command."

A sudden burst of light from every direction raced towards the Bloodthirster. The first volley had only succeeded in angering the Bloodthirster even more. It roared mightily.

"Earthshakers ready, sir," the vox-caster crackled.

"FIRE!!! FIRE AT WILL!!!"

The Basilisks' cannons ignited as the shells were propelled towards the Greater Daemon. It was wounded, but only slightly. It began to charge towards the facility.

"Sir."

"WHAT!?!?!? What NOW!?!" Crowe spat.

"Sir, we are picking up a signal from orbit. It appears to be a battle barge, sir."

"Huh?!?!?" Crowe asked, trying to recover from his rage.

"Sir, if you will look out the window," the sergeant said, pointing.

Crowe quickly turned his head to look outside. It appeared to be raining blood. He squinted to get a closer look. That was when he realised that they were blood red Drop Pods being fired from orbit. Thunderhawk drop ships were also arriving, distracting the Bloodthirster with steady fire from their weapons. From one ship dropped a large squad, their raven-coloured power armour glistening from the fires below.

"Emperor be praised!!!" exclaimed both the Preist and Crowe, simultaneously.

"Sir, I am sensing a presence in the warp," said Dolphus suddenly, "I think it would be a good idea to clear this room for a moment."

Crowe began to feel uncomfortable as the air pressure seemed to increase. It quickly became unbearable. But as quickly as it had arrived, the pressure seemed to release. In the middle of the room stood a blood red Terminator Captain along with a retinue of four Terminators.

"Captain Victus of the Blood Angels, 5th company, answering your request, Colonel Crowe," said the Terminator, looking down into Crowe's face, who was a full meter shorter than the Marine.

"Your aid is greatly appreciated, Captain," Crowe tried to say as cheerfully as possible, taking the Terminator's outstretched hand as best he could and shook it.

"As you can see," Crowe said, indicating outside, "things are not doing well."

Crowe watched the Captain's face fill with determination.

"I need 2 vindicators, 3 Baal Predators, a Land Raider, 2 Furioso Dreadnoughts, 2 lascannon dreadnoughts, a squadron of landspeeders, Rhinos and Razorbacks, and as many Tactical and Assault squads we can spare. Acknowledge," the Captain ordered.

"Right away," garbled the nearest vox-caster.

"So long as the kin of Horus still breath, the Blood Angels shall not rest."

Crowe could sense the indifference in Victus' voice. He does not care whether my men live or die, thought Crowe vindictively. Fine, let him have his pride, so long as it does not bother me.

Crowe watched the battle. The chaos forces were beginning to weaken with the sudden arrival of reinforcements. Under constant fire, the Bloodthirster finally fell and dissipated. The Death Company was rampaging through the Word Bearers, many deciding to flee rather than die. The remaining forces continued to fight in vain.

"Hmm," said the Terminator quietly, "I do not understand the problem. They seemed to be easily defeated."

Crowe grimaced. He hated the captain for his words but said nothing. He merely looked at the battle. He did have to admit though, there would be no Imperium without the Space Marines, no matter how much he disliked them.

Okay well that's it. I think that the ending is rather weak. Could anyone suggest an alternate one.

Wrap your mind around that for a while and PM me with thoughts. More to come. Stay tuned.

Last edited by Adrian MalSeraph; May 31st, 2006 at 21:24.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i havent read your piece yet however i must point out before anything, the mistake in the first few lines, which is then repeated. Colnel........ Colonel!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

192 (x7)

thanks, changing now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

186 (x8)

So how does a normal gaurd commander get off knowing of the existance of the grey knights and greater daemons? They aren't exactly that much of common knowledge, and I'm pretty sure at least one of those two usually ends with the officer recieving a mindwipe to keep the knowledge safe and secret.

Interesting read though, loved the pysker/eye of terror comment in the beggining...

Take my love, take my land, take me to where I cannot stand; I don't care I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me.

"The difference between gods and daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time."- Lorgar
    Member of the Fluff Masters Clan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

192 (x7)

I don't know. I was writing this on the spot and wanted to leave it alone after writing. So no changes happened. Besides, what if he had previous experience with them? Just a thought. How about this, they are a Cadian regiment.
    Last edited by Adrian MalSeraph; June 1st, 2006 at 04:22.

Tactical Avante-Gard <E!_Mance>'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    108 (x6)

Cadians maybe, but be careful with that. Otherwise an enjoyable read!
    Post your army lists in the ARMY LIST section! Not that hard!
    48W/7D/11L

+ Reply to Thread