scribblings... - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: scribblings...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

scribblings...

Just thought I may as well stick some of these up here. basically just scribbled designs I've been toying with for my diy space marine chapter...

This is Dela Augustus, formerly of the Ultramarines Legion, 3rd Company, assigned as the Chapter master of my Ultramarines second founding chapter, the Dragons Blood.

...and the chapters current Ard Ri (Chapter Master), Gwalchmai MacBara, and his most trusted luietenant, Galmy MacMorna

Just a random sketch of a bolter marine...

A work in progress of a scout sergeant...

Some quick studies i did of various characters...

Some preliminary designs for Veteran Sergeant Liger...

and another wip, this one of one of my company champions, Corsac Gal

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    414 (x8)

This is great work
    Blackhat's new blog network for terrain crafters!
    www.terraincrafters.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks.

I'll hopefully have the wips finished this week and maybe a few more, better finished sketches as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

790 (x8)

Quality work. You have, as they say in the hood, 'skillz'.

I'd like to see more of those scouts. They kind of look like a mix of special forces and ninja.

Nice to see 40K artwork executed in different styles, but of equal quality.
    LO Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Anyone who's as loyal and motivated to doing what they love as you are is respectable in my book
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyric
    I'm taking leave of my senses and shall be out of my mind until further notice.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    946 (x8)

Just chyming in my good opinion of your work as well. The poses look very natural and closely resemble the militaristic schemes and faces created by G.W. Excellent, excellent work. I'm looking forward to seeing more.
    Spambot kill tally. . .337

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    52 (x1)

Very nice work and I see you find drawing those damned shoulder plates as hard as I do. I think Ill make a scale one to use to help my work-no idea why they are so much trouble.

I especially like your faces- very cool.

Illustrator Extraordinair Adrian MalSeraph's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    192 (x7)

I like your stuff alot. You can pull off a very detailed pic without alot of work.

Now, if only I could pull that off.

@Baldemyr: I must agree, the hardest part about drawing a space marine is those accursed shoulder pads. Do you have any suggestions to make it a little more bearable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is really great. I wish I could draw faces like you. I like the way your line weights are consistent but not too repetitive. Your shading is really great too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Karmoon View Post
    Quality work. You have, as they say in the hood, 'skillz'.

I'd like to see more of those scouts. They kind of look like a mix of special forces and ninja.

Nice to see 40K artwork executed in different styles, but of equal quality.
    Cheers, I'm glad you like them. I've actually just recently got around to working on my Scout models, so I'll hopefully have some more concept sketches to put up soon, as well as, hopefully, some actualy model shots.

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbit View Post
    Just chyming in my good opinion of your work as well. The poses look very natural and closely resemble the militaristic schemes and faces created by G.W. Excellent, excellent work. I'm looking forward to seeing more.
    Thanks Rabbit, hopefully I'll have some more to post up soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Baldemyr View Post
    Very nice work and I see you find drawing those damned shoulder plates as hard as I do. I think Ill make a scale one to use to help my work-no idea why they are so much trouble.

I especially like your faces- very cool.
    Thanks, faces are, as they say, my speciality, (mainly because I spend most of my time drawing nothing but them, much to the aggravation of my art teachers).

You're very right though, those shoulder pads are evil, though I've started to get around it by drawing the model as it would be without them first, and then drawing them in later, because imo, without them, the proportions are at least vaguely reasonable and a bit easier to draw.

Quote Originally Posted by Adrian MalSeraph View Post
    I like your stuff alot. You can pull off a very detailed pic without alot of work.

Now, if only I could pull that off.

@Baldemyr: I must agree, the hardest part about drawing a space marine is those accursed shoulder pads. Do you have any suggestions to make it a little more bearable.
    Glad you like my stuff, though I'd beg to differ about the 'without a lot of work' , as for the shoulder pads, as I said to Baldemyr, i tend to put them off till the end as they are accursed things, although that said, the more I've been drawing them, the easier its becoming, so practice, practice, practice (always the most annoying answer, but in my experience, usually the best).

Quote Originally Posted by meakel View Post
    This is really great. I wish I could draw faces like you. I like the way your line weights are consistent but not too repetitive. Your shading is really great too.
    Thanks. I never actually looked at my line weights till you pointed them out, so thank you. I'm always looking to improve, but thats not a part of my images I ever really gave much thought too.

Cheers for all the kind words guys, as I say, I'll hopefully have some more pics to throw up here soon. I'm considering posting up some of the stuff I submitted for the GW Art Apprenticeship to get some feedback on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On a somewhat related note, I heard back about my application for the GW Art Apprenticeship scheme.

Ah well, next time Games Workshop, next time! *shakes fist*

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast