The Gauntlet - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: The Gauntlet

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

“Teleport us to the center of the fortress. We will take out the defensive perimeter,? barked Chapter Master Vladimir Pugh. A blinding light surrounded his squad of terminators, within second they where standing atop one of the gun towers. The men hustled, strapping melta bombs in place. Once the entire defensive grid was covered they turned to the citadel. Standing in the doorway was a massive daemon prince, wearing a corrupt suit of terminator armor. In his left hand he wielded a massive power sword and on his right hand he wore a power fist, slick with blood. “I am Tel’ Ceash , and you will die for your foolishness and commitment to the false Emperor of man.? Pugh raised his dueling sword, and walked towards the massive beast of chaos. “You will choke on your own blood, fell servant of the fallen gods. I have come to bring the swift wrath of the Emperor.? Then, the battle began.

On the ground two full companies of Imperial Fist where pouring rampaging, but could not break the defenses of the Iron Warriors. Suddenly, a massive explosion ripped through the air. The shockwave knocked the marines of the Imperial Fist down, and the gun towers where destroyed. Still the Iron Warriors gate could not be opened. The marines of the second company where dieing as the broke against the walls.
    The tenth company was encountering heavy resistance just outside the eastern wall, and the valiant marines of the sixth company where being surrounded by gibbering hordes of daemons.

When all hope seemed lost, just as the Imperial Fist where about to withdraw, a familiar sound echoed through the air. Thunderhawk gunships had arrived! The armored aircraft strafed the daemons and heretics before setting down mere meters from the gates of the fortress. The huge doors of the lead gunship fell open, and the armor of the third company commander became visible. Then, the men where relived. Wearing the ancient tactical dreadnaught armor of the company commander was Veteran Sergeant Lysander, who had taken command of the third company. Out of the other thunderhawks, six Vindicator siege tanks rumbled, and the men rejoiced. The massive demolisher cannons of the tanks blew the armored doors of the fortress open within seconds, and the loyalists where inside.

When Company Commander Lysander reached the Inner citadel he was deeply grieved by what he saw. The bodies of the Chapter Masters retinue lie broken and bleeding on the ground. The chapter master was nowhere to be found. Turning to the commander of the second company, Captain Venitus, he said “If I do not return, level this unholy place. Then he entered the hellish citadel, doors swinging closed behind him.

Parts 4 and on will be posted here as well. Part 4 coming in a few hours.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    50 (x8)

Cool, I like the story a lot ^^_^_^. Good action, yet quickly told, kudos on that.
    Ze titles yez...
    When in doubt,
    Smite.
    <SilverMane> I would trust BID with my life
    <SilverMane> HEIL BID!
    <Adrian-> BiD is Omnipotent; All Knowing, All Powerful!
    <Scary_Troopers> I see you as an optimist, GT. : D

But what of the midgets!?
    =]Front in favour of Moderation of the Harshest kind.[=

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Company Commander Lysanders eyes strained to see inside the unholy cathedral that he stood in. Then as the room began to clear of smoke, he saw the thing he feared most. Chapter Master Pugh lay on the ground, his torso crushed by an incredible force. Blood coated his pallid lips, but still he clung to life. “Kill the daemon and lead in my stead,? he managed to choke out as blood spurted from his chest wound. Then all life left the body of the Chapter Master, and Lysander lowered his head. “So you as well have come to your doom. Petty mortals,? chuckled the voice of a hidden figure. Then the blood soaked figure of Tel’ Ceash came into view, and Lysander snapped his head up. The fires of hatred, vengeance, and utter rage burned within the eyes of the loyalist. His grip on his chainsword tightened, and his teeth gritted against each other so loudly that the sound echoed of the walls of the dank sanctuary of evil. With a scream of anger, Lysander rose from his knees and charged at Tel’ Ceash. “Die traitor,? he screamed as he swung the whirling chainsword at the prince of chaos’s head. The traitor stumbled backwards, caught unaware by the sudden retaliation of the loyalist. Lysander continued to swing wildly, but accurately. The blows found their mark each time, but the foul armor of the heretic was more than the sword could penetrate. With a howl of rage the traitor swung his power fist. The backhand swing caught Lysander across the face, and he slid to the floor meters from where he had stood, still grasping his beloved chainsword., and his bolter in the other hand. The traitor stood over the still living body of the New Chapter Master Lysander, and raised his power axe. “Die for the gods, you pathetic mortal.? Then as if he had been faking an injury Lysander raised his bolter and poured bolts into a join the had noticed. The axe fell from the princes hands as Lysander drove his chainsword deep into the hole created by the bolts. Tel’ Ceash fell to his knees, blood pouring from his mouth, “I cannot die you weak man.? A smirk crossed his face, then Lysander acted. With a flick of the wrist the chainsword tore through the torso of the prince, and the killer of the former chapter master lay split in twain.

Captain Venitus was about to give the orders to demolish the fell sanctuary of chaos, when the door flung open and Lysander walked from the shadows, the broken body of Pugh in his arms. “Our vengeance will be swift,? spoke Lysander who now commanded the power of the entire chapter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

another good instalment. i prefer to make my battles a little more epic but its refreshing to read a short but good piece. I like the way your not worried to kill off main characters aswell. Two thumbs up.
    <span style='color:red'>&quot;Right lads, lets make a tactical advance to the rear of our posistion&quot;
    &quot;Errr do you mean run away?&quot;
    &quot;Thats the one&quot;</span>

&quot;Oh man, look at that.&quot;
    &quot;Where?&quot;
    &quot;Over there, by that river of boiling souls.&quot;
    &quot;Well I&#39;ll be damned... it&#39;s a Starbucks.&quot;

<a href='http://www.freewebs.com/ravensdark/' target='_blank'>THE SOUL REAVERS</a>
    <a href='http://www.freewebs.com/gaeisia/index.htm' target='_blank'>GAESIA</a>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well actually i bear a distinct hatred for the lazy Chapter Master Pugh. I also really like Vt Sarge Lysander.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fair enough. Always write about what you like. Thats my moto.
    <span style='color:red'>&quot;Right lads, lets make a tactical advance to the rear of our posistion&quot;
    &quot;Errr do you mean run away?&quot;
    &quot;Thats the one&quot;</span>

&quot;Oh man, look at that.&quot;
    &quot;Where?&quot;
    &quot;Over there, by that river of boiling souls.&quot;
    &quot;Well I&#39;ll be damned... it&#39;s a Starbucks.&quot;

<a href='http://www.freewebs.com/ravensdark/' target='_blank'>THE SOUL REAVERS</a>
    <a href='http://www.freewebs.com/gaeisia/index.htm' target='_blank'>GAESIA</a>

Closed Thread