Adrian MalSeraph's LO Campaign Fluff Log - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Illustrator Extraordinair Adrian MalSeraph's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    192 (x7)

Adrian MalSeraph's LO Campaign Fluff Log

I'm going to write up my battles as fluff narratives, just for the enjoyment of others.

But first, this calls for an intro.

Aspirant Zukas followed his fellow scouts into the main hall. It was difficult to believe that the hall was actually in the middle of a Battle Barge. It looked as if it belonged in an Imperial Palace. Every ten meters on the wall was a resplendent crimson tapestry, with an impressive symbol of the Dark Angels upon them. Around the curtains were several devotional reliefs depicting the wondrous heroes of the Third Company, including both Belial and Azrael among them. Cherubim fluttered through the high rafters, from which hung large brass chandeliers filled with an impossible number of candles. The chandeliers hung over what seemed to be hundreds of tables. Each table, filled with green armoured men, faced the main platform. The platform was raised up, reserved for the company's senior officers, and the platform was fittingly placed in front of a very large relief of a winged, robed skeleton, holding the Lion Sword, a devotion to the Great Primarch, Lion El'Jonson.

Zukas gazed at the room to absorb all he could. He saw the dark green figures, longing to sit amongst them as a full fledged brother. He saw the raven coloured marines, the glorious 2nd Company of the Dark Angels. They sat closest to the platform, as they were more senior than the rest, excluding the bone white Terminators, who stood on the platform, almost in a guard position. It seemed odd to Zukas, but he did not linger on it for too long. His eyes then fell onto some unfamiliar figures. He turned to Aspirant Relam.

"Brother, who might they be?" asked Zukas, indicating the figures.

Relam turned to Zukas. The was Zukas' actual brother on their original homeworld, and they were both recruited at the same time.

"Brother-Sergeant Alphonse says that they are Sisters of Battle, younger brother. They've come to our aid for this mission." Relam looked around cautiously. "Rumor has it that an Inquisitor is here as well, that they are here for Master MalS---"

"Brother! How dare you speak such words!" admonished Zukas. "Older brother or not, I will not tolerate such insubordination."

"Worry not, brother. I am merely repeating what I have heard," whispered Relam, a look of adoration coming over his face. "I believe it no more than you. Come now, let us take our seats."

Zukas was hestiant for a moment. He put his doubts aside, however, and joined his brother at their respective table. Goblets of wine were set out at each setting, as part of the ceremony. Some men had already taken some sips of the wine. Zukas left his alone, out of respect, choosing to listen to the crowd instead. Their voices sounded like the hum of an engine, no distinct voices were audible. Zukas looked over to the Battle Sisters' table. They appeared to be silent, deep in prayer.

A hush fell over the crowd, each head now turned to the illuminated platform. Several men walked onto the platform. These were the officers, Interrogator Chaplain Tumin, Librarian Adeodatus, and Master Adrian MalSeraph. A woman in a long leather coat also walked in, but Zukas did not recognize her.

All but MalSeraph took their seats. Zukas looked up at MalSeraph with equal adoration and fear. He was the Master of an entire company, the greatest warrior amongst their number. His face was young, but fierce, seemingly giving off an unexplainable energy. His long white robes fell to the floor, giving him the look of a saint. This is what Zukas aspired to be, the epitome of the Dark Angels chapter, a Company Master. MalSeraph cleared his throat.

"Brothers, we are now two days from Ichar II. We have been assigned here to recover a powerful warp artefact. So powerful indeed, that it is jamming our locating sensors. Let this not deter us, however, it is pivotal that this artefact be found. We must keep it from our enemies, the capricious Eldar xenos, the violent Ork warbands, and the malign forces of Chaos. Failure here is not an option. Failure in this mission is a failure for the Lion. Let us not come to this.

"Now, for some, this is your first battle. The majority of your lifetime now finds culmination in the events that shall transpire over the next few weeks. If it were my decision, you'd all have remained on the Rock, to finish our your training. However, this is a time of war. And no resource can be spared in such a time."

MalSeraph broke off for a moment to allow for his words to sink in. Zukas reflected on this. He now felt more determined to prove himself in the fires of battle. MalSeraph cleared his throat.

"As I'm sure you're aware, we are host to an Inquisitor of our Emperor's Holy Inquisition. She is here to aid our campaign, bolstering our efforts with her Sisters of Battle. As a member of the Inquisition, she has much more authority than I do. As such, treat her as you would treat me. Now, let us drink in honour of our guests and in honour of the Lion. May he steel our bodies and our souls against our enemies. For the Lion!" MalSeraph raised his glass and drank.

"For the Lion!" shouted Zukas in chorus with the rest. He drank deep of his wine, thanking the Emperor and the Lion for the coming battle.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Illustrator Extraordinair Adrian MalSeraph's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    192 (x7)

A light breeze fell across the grass. The long slender blades swayed gracefully in time with the breeze. Two antedeer were enjoying the shade provided by the trees that dotted the area. A groundchuck hurried through the grass, anxious to get home and sleep. All was peaceful.

However, a sound was starting to gather. It started as a low hum, but was quickly growing into a piercing shriek. The antedeer became frightened and ran off farther into the clearing. The groundchuck stood on its hind legs to peer over the grass, while some ptera-squirrels landed on a knoll, both trying to inspect the sound, which had reached an unbearable pitch.

BOOM! A cloud of dirt and rocks exploded into the air. BOOM! BOOM! Several more explosions. The sky was darkened for several minutes. The groundchuck escapced to the saftey of his den, and the ptera-squirrels had fled to the thicket in the distance. Replacing the serenity of the grassland were several metallic objects, of a dark green hue. They remained there for a moment. The sides of the objects seemed to give way, revealing several large, equally green men. Each the width of a tree trunk, some started setting material on the ground. These were the Space Marines of the Dark Angels.

Out of one of the objects stepped another man, seemingly larger than the rest. Clad in blue instead of green, this was Arkaan Adeodatus, Librarian of the Dark Angels. In ornate Terminator Armour, he exuded an air of importance, scrutinizing each of the men as they set up communication posts. He gazed at the clearing they landed in, and raised his hand to his ear.

"This is Adeodatus, reporting in. We have made landfall successfully. Fortuneately, there are no apparent enemies in the area. We are ready to begin recieving Thunderhawk support."

He lowered his hand and turned around. His gaze fell upon a squadron of Deathwing Terminators. Their armour in bone white, these were the elite of the Chapter, representing the will of the Inner Circle. Adeodatus addressed the terminators.

"I am sure you are aware of our mission, Brothers," said Adeodatus, barely whispering. "We are to recover the warp artefact and ensure that it stays out of the enemy's hands. However, the Inner Circle has sent word that Fallen activity is rumored to be here. From here on out, we are to investigate all rumors and capture all Fallen that are found. Is that understood?"

"Aye, sir!" said the Terminator sergeant.

"Good," said Adeodatus. He looked up to see the Thunderhawk ships dropping in from orbit. "Ah good. Brother Thanos, go see what you can do to help." Several more Thunderhawks arrived, carrying various buildings and structures to establish a base of operations. A Valkyrie also dropped in, depositing a squad of Battle Sisters. They quickly walked over to Adeodatus.

"Honorable Librarian," said the nearest Battle Sister, "Madam Inquisitor Valerio beckoned us help you in your efforts. What are your orders?"

"Help the men set up the base," said Adeodatus to the warrior women, "I will order you further when we are finished."

"Sir!" said the Battle Sister. She beckoned to the rest of the squadron, and they all set about to help build the various structures.

Adeodatus looked up towards the sky. Dark clouds were gathering quickly, and a heavy wind had picked up. The temperature also had dropped significantly. However, the armour they wore protected them from feeling any change. Their progress continued, unimpeded.

'What could be causing this?' pondered Adeodatus. 'I am certain that the sky was clear an the weather warm upon our arrival. It must be the warp artefact. Its powerful, baleful energies interfering with the natural climate of the planet. It could be mere moments before we are fighting in an icy tundra.'

"Brother Librarian, sir!" shouted a marine, dragging Adeodatus from his thoughts. "Auspex readings are picking up signatures coming out of orbit."

"Show me!" said Adeodatus, striding over to the post. The marine indicated the auspex screen and pointed to the sky. The already dark sky grew darker as a dozen large objects fell in the distance. The unmistakable signs of a Drop Pod assault.

"By the Lion, they can't be more than two miles away," remarked Adeodatus. "Men! We must double our efforts. Our enemies may be upon us. Devastator Squadrons, ready your weapons and be on your guard."

"Sir, two more signatures, closing on our position!" shouted the marine.

"If they want a fight," said Adeodatus, readying his force weapon, "then, by the Emperor, they will have one!"

Two drop pods fell just outside the encampment. The marines readied their bolters and heavy weapons. The doors flew open to reveal only two men, one clad in dark blue armour, the other in black armour with crimson trim.

"Shall we open fire, sir?" asked a marine.

"No, hold your fire," said Adeodatus. "I realize now that they would have sent more men if they were hoping for a conflict."

Both men approached Adeodatus, with an air of business about them. Adeodatus questioned their motives all the more, as they both met his glare.

The black marine spoke first, "Librarian Arkaan Adeodatus, I, Chaplain Lemartes of the Flesh Tearers and the Captain Chammad fo the Immortal Vanguard are here in alliance with the Dark Angels"

"Our leaders are already deliberateing with your company commander," said the dark blue marine, noting Adeodatus' distrustful look, "He has agreed with our commanders already, and cooperation has already--"

"Wait," interrupted Adeodatus, "Why shoud I give you my trust? I'm sure MalSeraph would have alerted me of your presence."

"We greatly apologize, Honorable Librarian," said Chammad. "However, foul forces are afoot, and we chose not to compromise ourselves. We hope you could forgive us."

"Very well, I shall contact MalSeraph," glared Adeodatus, "If your story holds truth, then instruct your men to meet us here to establish headquarters. However, if your honeyed words are indeed falsities, I shall give the order to open fire."

The two men remained defiantly in place, unphased by Adeodatus' skepticism.

+ Reply to Thread