Warband Rules 500 Pt - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

1 (x0)

Warband Rules 500 Pt

Im starting a gaming club locally here and I need a good Warband Army that will give a new player exposure to Beasts Of Chaos Strategy and also perhaps show their strengths and weaknesses.
    I am going to buy an army for each race and keep it at the Gaming Club for anyone to use as a "House Army" to introduce them to Warhammer Fantasy and hopefully get them addicted enough to buy their own stuff. Here is the preliminary Army List:

1x Wargor; Slaughterer's Blade, Chaos Armor : 110 pt

1x Beast Herd; 7 Gors, 7 Ungors, Musician, Standard Bearer : 92 pt

8x Warhounds : 48 pt

1x Tuskgor Chariot : 85 pt

3x Chaos Trolls : 165 pt

500 POINTS

Now A Few Questions

1. Is Wargor worth the -1 Leadership cut from other Heroes?
    2. Never had to build a Beast Herd before, what is a good Gor/Ungor ratio?
    3. Chaos Trolls a waste? Some other unit to replace?

Any and all other tips and ideas would be much appreciated, i have never personally played Beasts Of Chaos, but as i said before i want to get a Warband of every race to get new players interested. Thanks for any help you can offer

2. Remove Advertisements

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Lancaster / Warwick, UK
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

579 (x8)

Definitely loose the trolls, minotaurs are a far better option, cheaper, better, and they arent stupid. 8 is a bit of an odd number for a warhound unit, make it 10 or 6.
    The wargor is fine, though a shaman mey be better to get some magic into the list. A shaman with bears anger is a fomidable fighter. Dont spend too much on magic items though, keep characters simple. Chaos armour is the only magic item you really should take, especially at low points. Combined with a braystaff on a shaman, or HW/S on a wargor, both make great fighters.
    Finally the herd definitely needs a Foe-render, and normal herd sizes are 12/8 ratio, some people prefer 12 gors, others 12 ungors. I prefer to use 8 gor and 12 ungor, just the ratio i think works best.

+ Reply to Thread