1000 point "Super-Herd" - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

255 (x6)

1000 point "Super-Herd"

Bray Shaman - 126
    level 2, Braystaff, Chaos Armor

Bray Shaman - 135
    level 2, Staff of Darkoth

Beast Herd (60 total) - 365
    30 Gors, 30 Ungors, Full Command

Tuskgor Chariot - 85

Warhounds (5) - 30

Warhounds (5) - 30

Chaos Ogres (4) - 226
    Great Weapons, Heavy Armor, Full Command

Total - 997

First list for beastmen. I used the "super herd" idea from the thread with the same name. The beast herd takes out the standard infantry 3 units at a time, the ogres hit hard, the chariot and warhounds use their speed to protect flanks and flank enemy troops. I am not sure about the bray-shamans, I normally like a good magic phase, and they seem decent in combat as well. How do they normally fair? Additional ideas are always welcome.

2. Remove Advertisements

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Lancaster / Warwick, UK
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

579 (x8)

A magically lead beast herd is a good idea, possibly give the one or both shaman a Dispel Scroll, just in case, though 4 dice should be fine.

Drop the FC from the ogres, its a waste of points for an extra 1 attack, a musician and a banner which costs you 100 Victory points if it is lost. These guys get their combat Res from kills. I would say also that as they are only lightly armoured, look at swapping them for Minotaurs. Slightly more expensive but they have a better WS and Ld.

Now the large Herd. There has been a good discussion on it in the other thread, play test it a little nd see how it works out for you. woith 60 though, often you will have a LOT of wasted men in rear ranks in combat, and the ungors wont be able to attack from back there. If it doesnt work out for you, split it into 2 units of 30 each, see how that goes, and add a shaman to each unit.

+ Reply to Thread