2250 Tzeentch Beasts - For future tourny - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    205 (x7)

2250 Tzeentch Beasts - For future tourny

Gday,

Got a taste of Tourny action with my Khorne Mortals, and now my beasts want to spill some blood. Watcha reckon?

L - Beastlord - 339
    Mark of Tzeentch, Staff of Change, Armour of Damnation, great weapon, shield

H - Wargor BSB - 185
    Mark of Tzeentch, Battle Standard, Gaze of the Gods, Hand weapon

H - Bray Shaman - 126
    Level 2, Chaos Armour, Braystaff

C - 22x Beastherd - 144
    7x gor (2x HW), 14x Ungor (spear), full command

C - 16x Beastherd - 118
    8x gor (2x HW), 8x Ungor (spear), full command

C - 10x Bestherd - 75
    5x gor(2x HW), 5x Ungor(spear), Foerender

C - 10x Bestherd - 75
    5x gor(2x HW), 5x Ungor(spear), Foerender

C - 15x Tzaangors - 280
    Full command, Blasted Standard

C - Chariot

C - Chariot

C - 5x Chaos Hounds

S - 4x Minotaurs - 204
    Mark of Tzeentch, Great weapon

S - 4x Minotaurs - 204
    Mark of Tzeentch, Great weapon

S - 8x Furies

R - DoW cannon

R - DoW cannon

Total - 2245

So, Heres the plan. The characters will join the Big Herd and form the 'super herd'. Besitgors and chariots will protect this herd's flanks. The other herds all setup in ambush, the small ones to take on small opponents, like skermishers, fast cav, warmachines, or to setup flank charges with minotaurs in the front. The other herd to casue trouble from behind. The cannons are there to take out any single models that may threaten the herds (chariots, for example) since raiders cant get then ranks from them. Other than that, blast away with magic, hack'n'slash in combat.

Im also thinking of joining the Characters with the Bestigors if faced with Terror, so they get the re-roll, the guanenteed ranks, etc. The general should go OK against a dragon, as long as I get the Ward save spell. Cannons should help here, too, though.

Finally, I wanted to model the Cannons as mini daemon-engines or something crewed by Horrors. Any ideas as towhat i can use??

Regard, Tim

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wow i like this army!
    just a few suggestions:

putting general and BsB who are casters inside a 24-weight unit means they all panic after 6 casualties. these casualties may be achieved in one turn of decent shooting, not to mention cannons or stone throwers, that can actually kill characters outright (no ranks=no look out sir). the enemy will decimate that herd and you're likely to lose 2 characters.

also, characters marked by tzeentch cannot join the bestigors, who are marked by chaos undivided. you must get tzaangors to do this, and then i'd suggest a blasted standard AND 4 ranks minimum, better if 5. i know this is expensive, but we're talking about defending 500 points worth of characters.

since you have two small cannons, i'd drop the furies, because you can shoot directly at enemy warmachines, without the risk of fielding those fragile daemons -unless you want to use them as screens, which i'd otherwise suggest-

one last thing: minotaurs of tzeentch armed with great weapon -means they have no ld benefit, no armour, and strike last. if i were the shooting opponent, i don't think they would ever make it into cc unharmed; and then if they are not at full models, they will make such few attacks that they will lose resolution.
    e.g. 4 minotaurs, 3 come into cc at the 2nd/3rd turn, they make 9 attacks, so have 6 hits, and about 5 kills. in return you have about 1 wound from the champion.
    so it's 5 on your side, and (3ranks+standard+weight) 5/6 for the enemy.
    this is not a big deal imo. because if you do not break the opponent on charge, on the 2nd cc turn they hit first and KILL the minotaurs: T4 and no save is really really fragile for xxx points! and if the unit you charge has got some hero inside, you lose for sure.
    i suggest 4 trolls, since you have general and BsB who can move a lot
    or else chaos knights...they are almost the same in point cost.

cheers:happy:
    It's better, it's shiny, it's warped...it's Chaos.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

205 (x7)

Thankyou Hollow Man.

All your points are valid. I completely overlooked the 'look out, sir!' rule for skermishers. Might keep thatin mind with my own cannons eh?...

Ive upgraded to Tzaangors with blasted standard. Though, Im still only running 15. It is VERY expensive otherwise..see how i go.

The mintoaurs wont be unsupported against infantry block - ambushing herds and chariots will provide great support for them IMO. I love trolls to bits, but I need all those powerdice.

Ive changed the Tzaangors on the Original post, and had to drop the Dispel scroll for it. These are always the first to go and I NEVER fit any in....

Thanks for the Advice!!

Tim

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

This looks like a very nice list overall. Tzeench, yet a LOT of units, and very varied types. Possibly see if you can get another Shaman in, just with Lv2 and a Braystaff, to totally overkill the magic 2 Tzeench, a beasts and a shadow is quite a nasty combo.

To be honest, the DoW cannons i dont like, but i think thats just because they arent exactly 'fluffy' Chaos with shooting etc. However in a Competitive list i suppose they are fine, give you a little extra tactically.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

205 (x7)

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow_Man View Post
    putting general and BsB who are casters inside a 24-weight unit means they all panic after 6 casualties. these casualties may be achieved in one turn of decent shooting, not to mention cannons or stone throwers, that can actually kill characters outright (no ranks=no look out sir). the enemy will decimate that herd and you're likely to lose 2 characters.

Good news hollow man!

In the Warhammer 7th ed FAQ, they stated skermishers count as 'rank-and-file' troops. They just wanted to ditinquish between troops and character. Bring on the Super Herd!!!

Tim

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

205 (x7)

Quote Originally Posted by Deceiver View Post
    This looks like a very nice list overall. Tzeench, yet a LOT of units, and very varied types. Possibly see if you can get another Shaman in, just with Lv2 and a Braystaff, to totally overkill the magic 2 Tzeench, a beasts and a shadow is quite a nasty combo.

To be honest, the DoW cannons i dont like, but i think thats just because they arent exactly 'fluffy' Chaos with shooting etc. However in a Competitive list i suppose they are fine, give you a little extra tactically.
    Id love to fit the extra bray in, and have seen a few people do it, but i cant figure out what i want to take out of the list. At the moment, it all seems to work together so well..13 power dice will just have to do...

Regards, Tim

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

whoa then go on with the herd, forever
    this is really a nice add

bye!
    It's better, it's shiny, it's warped...it's Chaos.

+ Reply to Thread