My First Beastmen List 1k - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My First Beastmen List 1k

This is the first beastmen list ive written and im pretty happy wif it

-Beastlord
    Great Weapon

-Bray-Shaman
    Braystaff, Lvl 2

-Bray-Shaman
    Braystaff, Lvl 2

-Beastherd
    12 Gors 8 Ungors, Gors-Shields

-Beastherd
    12 Gors 8 Ungors, 2 Hand Weapons

-15 Pestigors
    Mark Of Nurgle

- 10 Warhounds Of Chaos

-Tuskgor Chariot

Im Pretty sure thats right, But anyway it seems to have a fairly hard hitting unit (Pestigors,Chariot), a good amount of infantry(2x Beast Herds) some flanking Units(Hounds) and a strong magic phase(2 bray shamans).

Tell Me What You Think Of It though and wud it b competitive, cos im rly likin atm

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

To begin with, give your General (You say Beastlord, but im assuming you mean Wargor, as you cant take a Beastlord yet, only when you play games 2K+) anyway, give him Chao armour, it offers decent protection quite cheaply.

Shamen are fine.

Give the Gors in the herds 2xHW, instead of shields. The save wont help them too often anyway.

Split the warhound unit into 2 units of 5.

Having playtested them quite a bit, im not the biggest fan of Bestigor. They are kinda slow, (being non Skirms compared to herds) and very lightly armoured, so are too succeptable to ranged damage. Id say drop them for a unit of 4 Minotaurs with GW or 2xHW, probably go with GW for the high Str imo. Mark them Nurgle and give them LA if you can, but i think they may have to be the same mark as your general. Not sure if thats just if you have a Doombull though, youll have to check that.

Chariot is fine.

If you have any spare points, maybe look at adding a spawn, Slanneshi is a good way to go for these guys.

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    160 (x7)

I don't like the bestigors either (too fragile and slow imo) I do like Minotaurs with great weapons though. I also like dragon ogres(too expensive at this point level), chariots and furies. Your leadership stinks, so crown of horns would be useful as well as the chaos armor. I'd add a power stone or familiar to the shamans, if you expect to get spells off. At 1000pts, magic is near useless (I'm assuming your hoping for crow's feast and bear's anger) but think about it. You're producing 6 power dice. The enemy if he brought a wizard, will have 3 DD and a scroll. You're lucky if you can get 1 spell off per turn. (against HE or Dwarves - count on no spells) If it's bear's anger, the opponent can dispel it next turn when he charge's you. I think in 1000pts, you should drop both shamans, get 6-7 furies or centigors (something fast) some minotaurs and another chariot. Watch out for the hounds causing panic in your herds. I would get more ungors to bulk out the herds and maybe make 1 small unit 5gor5ungor to ambush. If you're truly intent on having a magic phase, get a power stone, power familiar and the banner of wrath instead of marking the bestigors.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Guys for ur feedback and yes i did mean WARGOR, soz
    But firstly defo with chaos armour, 2nd with the hounds causing panic they can only do so when unit strength 5 wich also brings me with splitting them up. Yes alot more flexible and nasty but all they have 2 do is drop 1 in the unit and then they cnt get flank bonuses

With the pestigors they actually move the same speed as normal gors??? but ill defo consider taking minotaurs as they eat pretty much anyting 4 breakfast!!!

With my shamans ill probably take lore of beasts and lore of death as i find they work well 2gether

THNX 4 YO FEEDBAK keep it cummin

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

Try to use proper English please, its quite annoying to have to read otherwise, and the Mods wont like you for it.

Anyway, as for the hounds in units of 5, they are US2 each, so 3 from each unit will need to be killed before you loose the Flank and rank negation bonuses
    Last edited by gingerninja; December 11th, 2007 at 14:36. Reason: " instead of 2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sorry?? and thanks about the hounds cause i didnt know that?? i jus figured 1 wound 1 US but cos of base im guessing
    thnx for feedbak

+ Reply to Thread