2250 themed nurgle beastmen army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2250 themed nurgle beastmen army

Decided to go nurglish beastmen for this one. Let me know what you think? One question though, can marked beastmen characters join beastherds?
    Here is my list.
    2250 Pts - Chaos Roster - Unnamed
    1 Beastlord of Nurgle @ 231 Pts
    General; Mark of Nurgle; Hand Weapon; Heavy Armour; Causes Fear
    1 Rending Sword @ [40] Pts
    1 Enchanted Shield @ [10] Pts
    1 Gaze of the Gods @ [30] Pts
    1 Bray-Shaman @ 141 Pts
    Mark of Chaos Undivided; Level 2 Upgrade; Hand Weapon; Braystaff
    1 Dispel Scroll @ [25] Pts
    1 Bray-Shaman @ 141 Pts
    Mark of Chaos Undivided; Level 2 Upgrade; Hand Weapon; Braystaff
    1 Dispel Scroll @ [25] Pts
    1 Wargor of Nurgle (Battle Standard Bearer) @ 175 Pts
    Mark of Nurgle; Hand Weapon; Battle Standard Bearer; Causes Fear
    1 Sword of Might @ [20] Pts
    1 Armor of Damnation @ [30] Pts
    4 Gors @ 79 Pts
    1 Foe-Render @ [27] Pts
    6 Ungor @ [24] Pts

4 Gors @ 79 Pts
    1 Foe-Render @ [27] Pts
    6 Ungor @ [24] Pts

4 Gors @ 79 Pts
    1 Foe-Render @ [27] Pts
    6 Ungor @ [24] Pts

5 Warhounds @ 30 Pts
    5 Warhounds @ 30 Pts
    1 Tuskgor Chariot @ 85 Pts
    Mark of Chaos Undivided; Chariot; Scythed Wheels
    1 Tuskgor Chariot @ 85 Pts
    Mark of Chaos Undivided; Chariot; Scythed Wheels
    5 Furies @ 75 Pts
    10 Plaguebearers @ 160 Pts
    3 Minotaurs of Nurgle @ 172 Pts
    Mark of Nurgle; Hand Weapon; Great Weapon; Light Armour; Scaly Skin
    4 Chosen Chaos Knights @ 225 Pts
    Mark of Chaos Undivided; Chosen
    1 War Banner @ [25] Pts

1 Chaos Giant @ 225 Pts
    Mutant Monstrosity;
    3 Dragon Ogres @ 237 Pts
    Hand Weapon; Great Weapon; Light Armour
    Total Roster Cost: 2249

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

Characters look fine, although im unsure as to why you are not using the Lore of Nurgle.

Your Herds are Illigal, you must have atleast 5 gor as well as 5 Ungor. Adding Music to all Herds is a good idea. I think a few larger Herds will be good too, with 8Gor/12Ungor, C/M and possibly banner.

Rest is fine, until we get to the Minos, these guys could really be with doing 4 Strong.

Also wondering why the Knights arent Marked Nurgle.

All that said, you need points from somewhere. Id say loose the DOgres for 4 more Minos, same as the 1st unit.

Not sure about the Giant either. Can be good i suppose, personally i dont like them though generally.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A few notes about your characters. Your lord is pretty good but the str 7 of a great weapon is to good to pass up I would prolly switch the rending sword+enchanted shield for the slaughters blade and chaos armor. As for the 2 bray shaman this depends on where/who you play around here 6 PD will not give you a very successful magic phase I would drop 1 make the other a lvl 1 and give him 2 dispel scrolls. Wargor BsB looks good. As for your herds I would make at least one a battle herd for your characters meaning at least 17 large with full command I usually run mine with 6 gors and 11 ungors I would also give your other herds musicians they are invaluable. Going on to your specials Furies are great but I would use them in units of 8 so they can take some fire and still get to those war machines and outnumber. Plaugebearers I would just cut these out as a unit of 10 is not super effective and they will be too slow compared to the rest of your army I would replace them with maybe 3 or 4 bases of nurglings these are great to add cloud of flies to combats and are more maneuverable. I would then cut the knights out and replaces them with more units of nurgle minotaurs these are very good maybe 2 units of 4? Now for your rares dragon ogres are super awesome and can cause havoc to knights, war alters, stanks etc m7 str7 is just too good to pass up. As for the giant I can take it or leave it I would however not waste pts on the mutant monstrosity upgrade.
    "Horn and hoof, power is there. Not feeble smoothskin, clumsy greenskin, wicked elf-swine. Gor is strong. Gor is true. Gor shall kill all, slay all for the gods."

- Beastlord Gorthor.

+ Reply to Thread