First Army-Slaanesh BoC - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First Army-Slaanesh BoC

Well, this is my first post...I started collecting my models over a year ago, but hospital stays and other events prevented me from being able to play. Now that things have calmed down i'm back to setting up my army-and this is all i have thus far.

I'm hoping to be able to pull together 1k in points by the end of this month-i don't think it'd be all that difficult, but i lack a job and have a fairly tight weekly budget, so it might take a little bit.

While i want to finish off the 1k army at some point soon-i would really like play a game or two before then, and need something a bit more cohesive than what i have currently. Suggestions for a something like 750pts based on what i have here would be very helpful if anyone has the time.

Thanks for taking a look; I'll be sure to take all suggestions in stride.

Wargor
    MoS
    Two hand weapons
    The Dark Heart
    Pelt of the Dark Young
    ++++
    Bray Shaman 1
    Lvl 2
    MoS
    Bray Staff
    Power Dice
    Dispel Scroll
    ++++
    Bray Shaman 2
    Bray Staff
    Lore of Shadows
    Power Dice
    Dispel Scroll
    ++++
    Beast Herd 1
    8 Gor/12 Ungor
    Full Command
    ++++
    Beast Herd
    9 Gor/11 Ungor
    Full Command
    ++++

Slaangors
    24 Units
    Musician
    Standard Bearer
    Rapturous Standard
    Spawn of Chaos
    -Fiend of Slaanesh

Last edited by Lynx.Fatalis; April 4th, 2008 at 17:31. Reason: points were present in the post?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

Fliers and fast cav are worth it. If I have them in an army, I always take them.
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I intend to add Chaos Furies as soon as soon as i have the money for both the Hordes of Chaos Book; I would prefer to keep the army all beasts for the most part; i've heard mixed reviews on Centigors so i don't know if i want to run them or not.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

You know there's a new Demon book coming out in May, right?
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

579 (x8)

Give the Wargor Heavy Armour, may aswell.

Your Characters are a little expensive for this level, Scrolls and Power Stones arent really needed yet so drop them. Also, id say take Lore of Beasts on atleast one Shaman.

Also that Slanngor unit is HUGE! I think 11 with the Wargor in will be fine for now. 6x2, with Champ and Music, no standard or magic banner.

Slanneshi Spawns are good.

Concerning Centigor, Id give them a definite yes. For anout 100 points you get a pretty great unit. Give them Shields and Music, unit of 5-6. Some people recommmend Throwing Axes but i dont think they are worthwhile really.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, i was not aware that a new book was being released. Means i'll have to wait before picking up the next book, and will need to just focus on new models.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
    Give the Wargor Heavy Armour, may as well.

Your Characters are a little expensive for this level, Scrolls and Power Stones arent really needed yet so drop them. Also, id say take Lore of Beasts on at least one Shaman.

Also that Slanngor unit is HUGE! I think 11 with the Wargor in will be fine for now. 6x2, with Champ and Music, no standard or magic banner.

Slanneshi Spawns are good.

Concerning Centigor, Id give them a definite yes. For anout 100 points you get a pretty great unit. Give them Shields and Music, unit of 5-6. Some people recommend Throwing Axes but i don't think they are worthwhile really.
    Mmmk. Looks like i'll go with the Centigor then instead of picking up the Furies, since a new book is being released for Chaos.

Will add the Heavy Armor, and remove the scrolls/dice.

In Your opinion, which of the lores should i drop? and would it be worth it to invest in lvl 2 for both?.

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

579 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynx.Fatalis View Post
    Mmmk. Looks like i'll go with the Centigor then instead of picking up the Furies, since a new book is being released for Chaos.

In Your opinion, which of the lores should i drop? and would it be worth it to invest in lvl 2 for both?.
    Definitely get some furies too. New book = new rules, but they shouldnt change that much, and i havent seen any new fury models yet so dont think they will be changing. That said, consider modelling your own ''Beasty'' Furies, Gor with wings??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
    Definitely get some furies too. New book = new rules, but they shouldnt change that much, and i havent seen any new fury models yet so dont think they will be changing. That said, consider modelling your own ''Beasty'' Furies, Gor with wings??
    Took a sneak peak at the Hordes book in the hobby shop today-so Furies will definitely be going in before the Centigors , i just don't have that kind of money to be throwing around right now-as for making my own furies, i rather like the models that are out for them now, and it'd probably cost me just as much to modify them since i lack the supplies currently to do so.

+ Reply to Thread