first list all boc 1500 - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

first list all boc 1500

I play tk which as all of you know depends heavily on the incantations of its liche priests to achieve victories. With boc I wanted to go for a list completely independant of magic turning towards a pure warrior force. The obvious lack of defense against enemy magic is something I'm aware of, my motivation for a completely fighting based boc list is due to personal fluff I have towards warbands. Anyways here's my list I don't actually have it on me so it might not be 100% accurate but for the most parttttt it isss what it issss.

Heroes
    Wargor
    General
    Chaos armour, gw
    Horn of rhe great hunt

Wargor
    Mark of nurgle
    gw, heavy armour

Wargor
    Bsb

2x Ambush herd
    5 gor 2 hw
    5 ungor spears

2x ambush/flank herds
    6 gor 2 hw
    10 ungor spears

2x battle herds
    7 gor 2 hw
    12 ungor spears
    Full command

19 bestigor
    Full command

19 pestigor
    Full command
    Vitriolic totem

Ps: I've read the rule and seen people post about the issue of raiders ranking up 4 wide??? I don't really understand what that means, I really just need to be given maybe a quick run through/tutorial of this rule and clarification because I'm having trouble interpreting it

Also, the bsb is supposed to be alone when deployed screened by the battle herds, would he be better off in a unit? I figured that him being screened would be enough protection and at the same time the herds would still be able to benefit from being able to re roll break tests

Thanks for all you help!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

From your description at the top, that is exactly what i did

Ill start with the Bestigor, easiest to comment on. Assuming Characters are joining them, drop them both to 17 and run 6 wide. Loose the Vit. totem, i dont think any of the chaos magic banners are worth their costs.

What is the point of the second Wargor? Here is where you should be abe to get your antimagic in. Drop him, and have 2 Bray Shamen, one with 2 Scrolls, and one with 2 Scrolls/Power Familiar. Both Lv1, and oth with a Braystaff. Run them inside Largeish beastherds.

You herd sizes look fine. Possibly loose 2 ungor and add a gor in the larger herds. Also, note that they must have atleast 1/4 in charge range for a successful charge, so try and use units with total size a multiple of 4 (inc. Chars) Also this can help for panic.

So, just the General and BSB to comment on now.

Why not a Beastlord general btw? hes only a few more points, and the extra Ld, as well as the rest,m makes him far better. Youll be able to get a far better magic item combo for him too. (Armour of Damnation + Crown of Horns + Horn of Hunt i think is legal)

That would leave the Chaos Armour free for your BSB, OR have him with HA + pelt of the Dark Young, and then maybe a magic weapon too.

In hindsight, going back to the Bestigor. 3x3, General in one, BSB in the other. Give the Generals unit a Warbanner, and theyll both have the same Static Res.

Oh, and almost forgot. Raiders rule. Basically, they always act exactly like other skirmishers (See BRB for this) However if they would ever normally rank up less than 4 models wide, then they rank up 4 wide (For example if charged by enemy Chariot, lone Character, etc) There is no benefit to this now. In 6th ed they could use it to claim rank bonuses, but now its just a left over rule that GW are too lazy to fix for us. All it needs is an FAQ 4->5 statement.
    Last edited by Phoenix; March 30th, 2008 at 14:31.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey phoenix, the reason that I have a Wargor as my general and only 3 characters instead of the possible 4 you've suggested incorporating into my list is because I was going by the restrictions of a 1000 point build since my list is effectively 1500 points.

If I'm correct raiders can only get a +2 rank bonus max instead of the regular +3 compared to rank and file units correct? Does this apply to bestigor as well? Or can they get the +3 rank bonus.

Could you possibly break down the rule for raiders for me and how they are supposed to rank up when confronting certain enemies. I assumed that they could be ranked up 5 wide or however wide I'd intended them to be but all over the BOC thread I'm seeing people talking about how there's a rule for raiders and how they are supposed to rank up a certain way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oo ok i didnt see the last part of your post sorry for asking the raiders question twice

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

Oops. for some reason i had it in my head that it was a 2K list, atleast when it came to the Characters. Sorry about that.

Bestigor can get +3 rank bonus yes, it is only Beast Herds who are Raiders.

Again as with normal skirmishers, if you may normally rank up 5 wide then that is fine. Against most infantry you are ok to do so. Its only when you would rank up less than 4 using normal Akirmish rules that the beasts rank up 4 wide. In effect, it is still kinda an advantage over other skirmishers as youll get more attacks, but its just that they no longer get rank bonus when they do so.

Read through the rules for Skirmishers in the BRB, amd raiders in BoC and it should make sense from that, its well written enough. Act out some situations if you want to be able to visualise it.

+ Reply to Thread