Librarium Online Forums banner

My crack at Nurgle, 2K

690 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  timk1111 
#1 ·
Gday,

Here's basicy a transfer I did of my Khorne list into Nurgle. It was tricky because of the amount I wanted to spend on Characters, so here it is. Please note, no Daemons and no HoC magic items, pending the WD update of HoC:

L - Beastlord
Mark of Nurgle, Slaughterer's Blade, Troll Hide armour, Rune of the True Beast, Shield

H - Bay Shaman
Level 2, MoN, Bray staff, Chaos Armour, Powerstone

H - Bray Shaman
Level 2, MoN, Braystaff, Powerstone

C - 23x Beastherd
8x gor, 15x ungor, FC

C - 15x Beastherd
7x gor, 8x ungor, FC

C - 10x Beastherd
Foerender

C - 10x Beastherd
Foerender

C - Chariot

C - 18x Pestigor
MoN, FC

C - 5x Hounds

S - 4x Minotaurs
GW, LA, MoN

S - 6x Centigor
Shield, Muso, Standard

R - Chaos Giant

So there it is, any competetive? Also, if you wanted to see the Khorne army, all you do i sreplace both Shamans with a BSB, add 1 centigor, 2 more chariots and 5 more hounds.....

So Khorne gets more units.....Nurgle gets a bit of magic and herds that cause fear...any thoughts??

Regards, Tim

See less See more
#2 ·
Looks good. Not a PowerStone fan, i think a Scroll or two may be better overall, or just nothing and take a 3rd Shaman, with Beasts. Possibly even loose MoN from one f the existing Shamen and have Shadow or Death.

Balance out the sizes of the 2 Large Herds. Possibly add music to the 2 smaller (Ambush) herds.

Chariots work best in pairs if you can get a second in.

Drop the Centis Std.

Personally not a Giant fan... some Spawns may be useful instead (Mark for fluffiness if you like)

#3 ·
Hey Phoenix, thanks for the reply!

In a similar way, I'm not a dispel scroll fan, esp with a lore like Nurgles, with some really good spells in it. Preference in the end, Ill see how I go.

The bigger Herd is to push the 'superherd' concept, and I think is a beter body guard for the General. The smaller, 15 strong one stay that size in case i want to ambush them. 15 is still small enough to do that. once again, it's easy to just move ungors across later, if need be.

Centis will keep the standard. Im a big advocater of standards in ANY unit trying to win a combat. Losing 100vp is just bad luck, but if i lose combat, they're free vp's anyway...

How do you suggest getting that chariot in? My Khorne list has 3...had to drop them to fit chars...

That Giant was easily MVp last game against HE's...got over triple his points back in two units killed..he stays..sorry\1

tim

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.