2000 points BOC list - I any help appreciated - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000 points BOC list - I any help appreciated

Hi everyone, this is my first time making a beasts list. I am intending to attend a tournament within the next 2 months. So any feedback would be greatly appreciated

Heroes

Beastlord, @ 201 points
    General, Black Maul, Enchanted Shield, Gaze of the Gods, Heavy Armor

Wargor, @ 116 points
    Great Weapon, Shield, Crown of Horns, Crimson Armor of Dargan

Wargor, @ 114 points
    Battle Standard Bearer, Heavy Armor, Vitriolic Totem

Bray-Shaman, @ 131 points
    Braystaff, 2 Dispel Scrolls

Core

21 Beast Herd (13 gors & 8 ungors) @ 158 points
    Additional Hand Weapon, Spears, Standard Bearer, Musician, Foe-Render
    (the beastlord and wargor will join this unit)

21 Beast Herd (12 gors & 8 ungors) @ 158 points
    (the BSB and Bray-Shaman will join this unit)

20 Beast Herd (12 gors & 8 ungors) @ 151 points

3 Tuskgor Chariots @ 255 points

5 Warhounds @ 30 points

5 Warhounds @ 30 points

Special

4 Minotaurs @ 253 points
    Mark of Nurgle, extra hand weapon, light armor, Bloodkine, Standard Bearer

4 Screamers of Tzeentch @ 132 points

3 Nurglin Swarms @ 120 points

Rare

2 Fiends of Slaanesh @ 150 points

Total = 1999 points
    Models = 92

Power Dice = 3
    Dispel Dice = 3, 2 Scrolls

Please advise of any changes I should make.

Thanks,

shadowseer2001

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    31 (x1)

I am sorry to have to break this to you but the Beast's book is a stand alone now. That means you can't have items from Hordes of Chaos or take Daemon units in a Beast army.

The good news is you CAN mark your chariots now. Popular marks to give chariots are slanesh and Khorne. They really help with the low leadership issues that plague beasts. TZ is my current favorite but you don't have the casters to give reason to cast.

I also think your beast herds are too large. I would cut the Gors down to 7-8 and beef the ungors up to 12. On the other hand there really isn't thing wrong with them being 6-7 of each and have more units. If you do decide to go small don't take too many standards.

With your points left over from dropping the daemons you could always add a giant and or more minotuars.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cannot take items from HOC book nor take daemons. When did this happen? I've been out of the scene for awhile now.

I will adjust the list and post soon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    31 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by shadowseer2001 View Post
    Cannot take items from HOC book nor take daemons. When did this happen? I've been out of the scene for awhile now.

I will adjust the list and post soon.
    They released a FAQ that stated Beasts is a stand alone book. HOC doesn't exist anymore because they made Daemons their own book and mortals was given a "Ravaging Hordes" style list untill their new book comes out (I believe at the end of this year). This all went down around the time the new daemon book came out. As you can imagine this move ruffled the feathers of many people that ran with mixed armies but what can you do?

Look forward to the new list.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here is a revised list. Any suggestions.

Heroes

Beastlord, @ 201 points
    General, Black Maul, Enchanted Shield, Crown of Horns, Heavy Armor

Wargor, @ 107 points
    Great Weapon, Shield, Chaos Armor, Sword of Might, Talisman of Protection

Wargor, @ 114 points

Core

20 Beast Herd (12 gors & 10 ungors) @ 159 points

3 Tuskgor Chariots with Mark of Slaanesh @ 315 points

5 Warhounds @ 30 points

5 Warhounds @ 30 points

Special

4 Chaos Ogres @ 194 points
    eavy armor, shield, Musician, Standard Bearer @ 194 points

4 Minotaurs @ 253 points

Rare

Total = 2000 points
    Models = 89

Power Dice = 3
    Dispel Dice = 3, 2 Scrolls
    Last edited by shadowseer2001; June 20th, 2008 at 02:49.

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

Ill do my best to get a comment on this list when i can, right now im shattered and need sleep.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    31 (x1)

At first glance I thought everything looked okay but then I looked closer...

Quote Originally Posted by shadowseer2001 View Post
    Here is a revised list. Any suggestions.

Heroes

Beastlord, @ 201 points
    General, Black Maul, Enchanted Shield, Crown of Horns, Heavy Armor

Wargor, @ 107 points
    Great Weapon, Shield, Chaos Armor, Sword of Might, Talisman of Protection

Wargor, @ 114 points

Your first Wargor has a GW and SoM. The GW is a waste of points because he will always need to use the magic weapon over mundane in combat. Also in my opinion Talisman of Protection is a wast of points. Chances are that a 6+ save isn't going to prevent a single wound when the most you will be preventing is 2.

Core

20 Beast Herd (12 gors & 10 ungors) @ 159 points
    I would break these units so they are about 15 and then add a 4th unit. Use a flee and counter charge approach.
    3 Tuskgor Chariots with Mark of Slaanesh @ 315 points

5 Warhounds @ 30 points

5 Warhounds @ 30 points
    Great. Just watch out for str7 chars because you won't be able to flee with your chars.
    Special

4 Chaos Ogres @ 194 points
    eavy armor, shield, Musician, Standard Bearer @ 194 points

4 Minotaurs @ 253 points
    Excellent choices but if you have the models I really recommend using GW's on the minotuars. They are supperior in every way except against troops with out LA and a Shield (which almost everyone has). Reason being that with LA and Shield your enemy will have a 4+ save. At -1 for str 4 they still have a 5+ AS. That will negate 1/3 of the wounds you cause. With GW's those armor saves are negated. so doing math 4 minos with xtra-HWs get 16 attacks. 1/2 will hit so that's 8. 2/3's will wound against most enemies. For the sake of using round numbers 6 wound. 1/3 are saved resulting in 4 wounds against your normal trooper with LA, shield and choosing to use HW.

With GW you get 12 attacks. 1/2 hit. So that's 6 but now 5/6 wound. That's 5 wounds with no armor saves. And odviously the math against your normal 2+ save knights is much better with GW's than xhw.

Rare

On your first list I thought these were from the Daemon book because they have a unit named that but then I remembered they are spawns too. (duh) This is definetly the way to go with spawns. These work well with your hammer units and chariots.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kbolster12345 View Post
    At first glance I thought everything looked okay but then I looked closer...

Your first Wargor has a GW and SoM. The GW is a waste of points because he will always need to use the magic weapon over mundane in combat. Also in my opinion Talisman of Protection is a wast of points. Chances are that a 6+ save isn't going to prevent a single wound when the most you will be preventing is 2.

The GW is not supposed to be in there. That's an error.

I would break these units so they are about 15 and then add a 4th unit. Use a flee and counter charge approach.

By making them smaller would I not be making it easier for the squad to be killed as one squad will have my General and Wargor and another will have my BSB and Bray-Shaman.

Great. Just watch out for str7 chars because you won't be able to flee with your chars.

I hear ya there. I intend to try to get them into the flanks if at all possible.

Excellent choices but if you have the models I really recommend using GW's on the minotuars. They are supperior in every way except against troops with out LA and a Shield (which almost everyone has). Reason being that with LA and Shield your enemy will have a 4+ save. At -1 for str 4 they still have a 5+ AS. That will negate 1/3 of the wounds you cause. With GW's those armor saves are negated. so doing math 4 minos with xtra-HWs get 16 attacks. 1/2 will hit so that's 8. 2/3's will wound against most enemies. For the sake of using round numbers 6 wound. 1/3 are saved resulting in 4 wounds against your normal trooper with LA, shield and choosing to use HW.

With GW you get 12 attacks. 1/2 hit. So that's 6 but now 5/6 wound. That's 5 wounds with no armor saves. And odviously the math against your normal 2+ save knights is much better with GW's than xhw.

The reason for going with the Chaos Ogres is that I have the models for them and only have 4 Minotaurs with extra weapons. Should I have the Ogres with GW instead.

On your first list I thought these were from the Daemon book because they have a unit named that but then I remembered they are spawns too. (duh) This is definetly the way to go with spawns. These work well with your hammer units and chariots.
    Ya I thought that the spawns would be better than a Giant or Shaggoth.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would also point out that your Minos cannot be nurgle marked unless your general is also. Thus, I would leave them as Undivided and drop the light armor option. I would even go so far as to drop the command and add great weapons. This will leave you with 4 minos with 12 S6 attacks between them. They stand a good chance of handling most things and will even with lots of luck or a bit of support handle ranked infantry as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by zao77s View Post
    I would also point out that your Minos cannot be nurgle marked unless your general is also. Thus, I would leave them as Undivided and drop the light armor option. I would even go so far as to drop the command and add great weapons. This will leave you with 4 minos with 12 S6 attacks between them. They stand a good chance of handling most things and will even with lots of luck or a bit of support handle ranked infantry as well.
    I thought that if your General had the Mark of Undivided then you could field units with different marks. Am I in error or is that only for core units?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast