1500 Tournament Army (Advice Please) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 Tournament Army (Advice Please)

Wargor
    Additional Hand Weapon
    Chaos Armor

15 Gors 10 Ungors
    Full Command

15 Gors 10 Ungors
    Full Command

15 Gors 10 Ungors
    Full Command

6 Chaos Ogres
    Heavy Armor
    Shields
    Full Command

6 Chaos Ogres
    Heavy Armor
    Shields
    Full Command

10 Warhounds of Chaos

10 Warhounds of Chaos

Tuskgor Chariot

Tuskgor Chariot

1496 points total

-----

Alright, well as the title suggests, this army list is intended strictly for an upcoming tournament at my local GW. What I really want some advice on is the Ogres that I'm gunna be running in the tournament. I intend for them to be the anchor of my army, each screened by hounds, and obviously much more juicy than my larger but weaker units of beasts that will be bringing up the rear and flanks of the ogres. On the far flank I intend to be running the chariots straight across the board to perhaps hit a flank early in the game or hit any one of my possible opponents warmachine crews. With three units, It's entirely possible that in the event I face a gunline I may ambush a unit or two of beasts to hassle the enemy, and move up with the puppies as screens. The thing I am more frightened about is the possibility of a magic heavy force, however at 1500 points, I figured that my speed could easily prevent too much devastation by the other side as no one will sacrifice that many troops just to get an extra spell or two off.

On a side note, I am modeling all of these Ogres to be Rastafarian themed and will be repainting parts of my beasts to get that uniform islander theme.

One love,

-Jackal

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

Rastafarian, that's great.

Why are the hound units so large? Can you break them into smaller ones? I really think that would help you more. More units means more threats, more flanks to take, more war machines, more targets to absorb enemy shooting and magic, more chances to flee.
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x1)

Wargor
    Additional Hand Weapon
    Chaos Armor

As your only character don't expect him to last long. With his relatively bad strengt give him a GW. He doesn't have enough initiative to hit anything first anyway, really.

Also, why no bray shamas? I'd have two at this level. At least take one for a bit of magic defence.

15 Gors 10 Ungors
    Full Command

15 Gors 10 Ungors
    Full Command

15 Gors 10 Ungors
    Full Command

Herds are great, but you have the gors and ungors backwards. I'd take 8 gors and 12+ ungors. Ultimately herds aren't going to kill anything, so don't worry too much about having more gors. Also 3 battle herds may be a bit too many. I'd split one into a 5/5 herd for flanking and baiting.

6 Chaos Ogres
    Heavy Armor
    Shields
    Full Command

6 Chaos Ogres
    Heavy Armor
    Shields
    Full Command

Ogres are good for their save, though I prefer minotaurs. But your units are way too big. Split them up into 4 units of 3. As it stands they'll get flank charged to hell. A herd in the front and 3 ogres on the flank will take care of almost anything.

10 Warhounds of Chaos

10 Warhounds of Chaos

Warhounds are great, but like the ogres they'll get flanked to hell. I'd split them up into 4 units of 5.

Tuskgor Chariot

Tuskgor Chariot

Great units.
    Current Armies:
    Beasts of Chaos (4000)
    Chaos Marines (3000)

+ Reply to Thread