Khorgarn's Beastherd (500pts) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    539 (x8)

Khorgarn's Beastherd (500pts)

Khorgarn (or "he who is of Khorne") has been the enigmatic leader of a warherd in the western edges of the drakwald forest for many years. Completly silent when not in battle, a roaring, cursing banshee when he is, Khorgarn has raided and pillaged the hamlets of his territory for quite some time.

Hero:
    Khorgarn (Wargor)
    Two hand weapons
    Heavy armour
    MoK

Shargor's Herd
    13 Gors with 2 hand weapons.
    12 ungors with spears and shields
    Full command

Unguliluleth's Herd
    3 Minotaurs
    1 bloodkine
    Greatweapons
    Lite Armor
    MoK

Total points: 501

Now, i know this isn't totally legal, as i have but 1 core choice, but apart from that () what do you guys think?

Got a "good" rumour from a GW staffer? Forget about it, LO'ers know more than any random GW shop staffer.
    Voor alle nederlanders:
    The Dutch Legion
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

Mmk.. sugestions:

Drop the LA from the Minos, that pitiful save will rarely help, and generally be made non existant. Id also say drop the Bloodkine and just grab a 4th Mino, far more efficient.

Chaos Armour for the Wargor? And if you have the points spare, a shield too, so you get some options.

The Beast Herd, including Wargor, will be 26 strong. Bear in mind that atleast 25% of the beasts must be in charge range for a charge to be legal. For that reason, i think the optimum herd size is 20. 8 Gor, 11 Ungor, Hero. Also, lose the Ungor's Shields. As for the Minos (and to some extent even more so) a pointless save.

It wont count as a Core, but maybe look into some Warhounds? Or possibly just keep 3 Minos, and get a Smaller Ambush Herd (5G/5U/FR?/M?) for your second Core.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

539 (x8)

Hero:
    Khorgarn (Wargor)
    Great weapon
    Chaos armour
    MoK

Narhark's Herd
    5 Gors with 2 hand weapons.
    5 ungors with spears
    Foerender, Musician

Shargor's Herd
    8 Gors with 2 hand weapons.
    8 ungors with spears
    Full command

Unguliluleth's Herd
    3 Minotaurs
    1 bloodkine
    MoK

Total points: 515

This is basically what came up with to incorporate what i have for greatest efficiency!

All comments more than welcome!
    Got a "good" rumour from a GW staffer? Forget about it, LO'ers know more than any random GW shop staffer.
    Voor alle nederlanders:
    The Dutch Legion
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

579 (x8)

Ofcourse

1st off, wouldnt it be Khorngor? lol

If you want to get it down to 500, drop a few beasts and the banner from the larger herd.

Otherwise, if these are the models you have then the list looks pretty spot on for what it could be. Possibly even out the herd sizes but thats up to you lol, im just being faffy now.

Do you have any other models available to provide options?

Just one thing to bear in mind, assuming your wargor is joining a herd, keep him near the back as they advance. This will mean he is less likely to frenzy charge out without the support from his herd. However he will still move forward into combat when they do charge

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    367 (x5)

Wouldnt it be better to plan a legal army list and build from there, rather than adjust one that isnt?
    (WH40K) Dark Eldar - (12,000pts) Sisters of Battle - (5000pts) Dark Angels -(3500pts) (WHFB) Dark Elves - (10,000pts) Beastmen - (5000pts) Empire - (3000pts) Wood Elves - (1500pts)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

539 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
    Ofcourse
    Oow, you are a pet!
    1st off, wouldnt it be Khorngor? lol
    Well, i recon that all beastherds in a certain area would have their own dialect, so this particular wargor would be called Khorngarn!

If you want to get it down to 500, drop a few beasts and the banner from the larger herd.
    Possibly even out the herd sizes but thats up to you lol, im just being faffy now.
    I'll see what that does!

Otherwise, if these are the models you have then the list looks pretty spot on for what it could be.
    Well, after my huge horde empire army, i wanted something more elite, and minotaurs and gors have always had the most appeal to me!

Do you have any other models available to provide options?
    Nope, but for 750 i want two 16 or 20 models herds.

Just one thing to bear in mind, assuming your wargor is joining a herd, keep him near the back as they advance. This will mean he is less likely to frenzy charge out without the support from his herd. However he will still move forward into combat when they do charge
    Oooow, good advice! thx man! Reppie.
    Voor alle nederlanders:
    The Dutch Legion
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

+ Reply to Thread