Boc 1k army (beginniner) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Boc 1k army (beginniner)

Beasts of Chaos 1000point Army

Heroes:

Wargor – GW, Tzeentch, Chaos Armour, Shield - 146pts

Core:

12 gors and 7 ungors – Full Command, TGB - 172pts

12 gors and 7 ungors – Full Command, TGB - 172pts

Special:

Minotaurs – GWx3, Mark of Nurgle - 163pts

Rare:

Dragon Ogre Shaggoth – GW - 303pts

Total: 999pts

I am a beginner to the Beasts of Chaos army and i have just made this list up. I am hoping you guys could give me tips and advice on my army i have created. Also if you guys can tell me whats the best magic to use for beast of chaos. I am very limmited with my army so this is all i could creat. I dont care if BoC is one of the lowest teams i am still gunna own people that say this team is bad!

Also tell me if there is something wrong with my army list which is cheating! I dont know if i did something wrong.

All help is great.

Last edited by ChinaMan; July 23rd, 2009 at 06:16.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

Only error with you list is that the Minos cannot be Nurgle marked unless the General is also.

Aside from that, looks good Its great to see a Shaggoth. Terror in small games can be devastating lol.

Magic wise, i always go with Lore of Beasts! (If only for the #1 spell ) but it really is personal preference. Check out the Lores and see what you like the sound of.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So wait if my general is Tzeentch i cant be any other marks only jsut that? I was thinking of changing minos into khorn but if it has to be the same as the generals mark that changes everything.

when i use my magic i use the lore of Tzeentch because of the first spell, Red Fire. Then my second spell is Blue fire.
    Also how do you do a toughness test?
    Last edited by ChinaMan; July 24th, 2009 at 06:46.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    88 (x2)

I believe a toughness test is rolling equal to or less than the model's toughness on 1D6? but don't quote me on that - been a while since i needed to take one!!

How about dropping the marks for the minotaurs (as you don't really need the extra powerdice the mark of tzeentch would give you) and invest in a chariot. That, or warhounds. I knoweveryone says that hounds are awful - but that is the point. They're fastish, a distraction, a meat sheild... anything other than good really. But the good part is they're ambushers, so you can deploy 2 small units of hounds instead of your beastherds, and then have them ambush instead. Or if that doesn't seem like a good idea judging by your opponent then you can ambush with the hounds to go warmachine hunting. (bonus bit is, 10 hounds cost only £12!)

Another thing to think about - do you really want to tool up your character? Is nice being a wizard and things, but would the points for the mark of tzeentch be better spent going towards a second wargor? then you could ambush with a beastherd containing a wargor - so it'd have a hope of actually winning a combat

Try coming up with a 500pts list also. Its quite interesting seeing how beardy you can be! I tinkered with a shaggoth in there (just possible, legal too!) and you can even go for 5 chariots and a wargor in one! Never hurts to be creative.

Anything you're unsure about you can run by me if you like - i don't bite :-P
    'War does not determine who is right, only who is left'
    I am President of the Brunel University wargames society - PM me if interested.

+ Reply to Thread