Where to slot in the 'Doombull'?! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    205 (x7)

Where to slot in the 'Doombull'?!

G'day,

I have a small problem I'd like some help with. What's happened is I've bought the Doombull model, simply because I was sure I would eventually anyway, but right now I get free dice All help earns rep....

Below is my current list, and I want help to slot the Doombull model in somewhere. - He can count as a Doombull, Gorebull, or even Minotaur Champion, but I wanna use him. If someone could help me jiggle around this list so I can squeeze him in, I'll be over the moon!

All suggestions are welcome - I have quite a few Beastmen models so suggest anything....

L - Great Bray Shaman
    Level 4, 2x Hand Weapon, 2x Powerstone, Hagtree Fetish

H - Bray Shaman
    Hunting Spear

H - Wargor
    great Weapon, Shield, Blackened Plate, Gnarled Hide

C - 24x Gors
    2x HW, Full Command

C - 10x Gor (ambush)

C - 10x Ungor
    Spear

C - 10x Ungor (Ambush)
    Spear

C - 5x Raiders

C - 5x Raiders (Ambush)

C - Chariot

C - Chariot

S - 4x Minotaurs
    2x HW

S - 3x Razorgor

S - 7x Harpies

R - Cygor

R - Cygor

TOTAL - 2250

Cheers,

Tim

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had an idea as using a gorebull as a BSB and then put him with the minotaurs, i made a post about it in the Beasts of Chaos section =)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

double post sorry

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x2)

Just an idea.

Use your model, as a gorebull with the BSB, and slap him with the minotaurs. Also give this unit a standard bear and a musician ( SB + BSB = +2 combat result bonus ). Give your gorebull the Manbane Standard ( -1 LD to all enemies within 6" ), giving your target an increased chance in failing it's "fear" check. Weapon choices will depend on what you want your minis to do. If they're going after high toughness/armor save targets, give them a GW. Other than that, give them the additional hand weapon.

Keep this unit near your 'general' so they don't run, plus throw a unit(s) of chaos hounds/ungor in front to absorb incoming fire.

I hope I helped.

Last edited by MaleOpener; February 8th, 2010 at 01:26. Reason: typo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

205 (x7)

Quote Originally Posted by MaleOpener View Post
    Just an idea.

Use your model, as a gorebull with the BSB, and slap him with the minotaurs. Also give this unit a standard bear and a musician ( SB + BSB = +2 combat result bonus ). Give your gorebull the Manbane Standard ( -1 LD to all enemies within 6" ), giving your target an increased chance in failing it's "fear" check. Weapon choices will depend on what you want your minis to do. If they're going after high toughness/armor save targets, give them a GW. Other than that, give them the additional hand weapon.

Keep this unit near your 'general' so they don't run, plus throw a unit(s) of chaos hounds/ungor in front to absorb incoming fire.

I hope I helped.

This is a good idea and would be a great thing to fit in to the list - question is, what do you take out to fit?

What I'll do in the mean time, is give my Doombull a couple of extra arms, a bigger base and use it as a Ghorgon, probably summoned by Magic. If that doesn't work out, he can just be a Doombull with extra limbs mutation

Cheers,
    Tim

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x2)

Just fyi, your small ambush units are illegal. As per the ambush rules of the beastmen rulebook, an ambush unit must mirror a unit deployed on the field. For example, in order to have a unit of 20 gors to ambush, you must have a unit of 20 gors deployed on the field.

I'm also figuring how to squeeze in the BSB gorebull, and will post my answer when I can.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

205 (x7)

Just fyi, your small ambush units are illegal. As per the ambush rules of the beastmen rulebook, an ambush unit must mirror a unit deployed on the field. For example, in order to have a unit of 20 gors to ambush, you must have a unit of 20 gors deployed on the field.

Give the rule another read. It specifically states the unit not in ambush can be larger than the unit in ambush.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by timk1111 View Post
    Give the rule another read. It specifically states the unit not in ambush can be larger than the unit in ambush.
    Page 33 : "For instance, if you had a big scary unit of 40 gors that you wanted to hold "in Ambush", you must have another unit of at least 40 gors to deploy in your main battleline ...".

The unit deployed on the board must be the same size or larger.

The 10 gors you have marked as "ambush", is quite less than the unit of 24 gors. So your ambush unit must be at least 24 gors as well.

Last edited by MaleOpener; February 9th, 2010 at 14:06.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Page 33 : "For instance, if you had a big scary unit of 40 gors that you wanted to hold "in Ambush", you must have another unit of at least 40 gors to deploy in your main battleline ...".

The unit deployed on the board must be the same size or larger.

The 10 gors you have marked as "ambush", is quite less than the unit of 24 gors. So your ambush unit must be at least 24 gors as well.

Read it again. The unit "mirrored" to the ambushing unit has to be at LEAST equal. Nowere it sais it has to be the same. The words AT LEAST make the difference. In other words: AT LEAST the same or bigger. Therefore his ambushing units are legal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

205 (x7)

Or maybe you're mixing up what needs to be what size? The unit deployed as the 'mirror' must be equal to or greater than the one in ambush...simple enough

+ Reply to Thread