Test Drive 2250 - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Test Drive 2250

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Test Drive 2250

B Lord Ghid, Ram Helm, BC Mace Hvy Arm Shld 249

B Sham lvl 2 Hunter spear LoB 160

B Sham lvl 2 Dispell x 2 LoW 160

B Sham lvl 2 Tals of Prot, Jag Dagger, Many Limbs, 2hw 157

Tusk Chariot x 2

Mino x 3 Music, GW199

Hounds x 5 x 2 units

Ungor Raiders x 10 Music, Champ x 6 units 414

Ungors x 25 Full Comm x 2 units 280

Gors x 25 Full Com, 2HW 225

Jabberscyth

Total 2239

Half the Ungors in ambush the B Lord in with a herd of ungors, the fighty shammy will be with the gors the other two shammies in the ungor raiders. The shammy with the hunter's spear will sit back lobbing spells and spears. Minos on one flank, chariots on another. Hounds fill in where they need to. Jabber will fly around doing the terror bomb and picking off yummy looking targets.

Most likely not what I'll stick with but it's a good place to start.

Comments?

Burnanation's Recruitment Link
    Baby boys are like free bulldozer rental tickets. You have no idea what you're going to do with them but you know they are awesome!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Could you type out COMPLETELY what is what? I have no idea who your lord is or what those abbreviations mean. I'm not 1337 enough.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes I could, so sorry to mystify you. Here it is all spelled out.

B Lord = Beast Lord Gnarled Hide, Ram Helm, Bone Crusher Mace, Heavy Armor, Shield

B Sham = Beast Shaman

Jag Dagger = Jagged Dagger

2hw = Two Hand Weapons

lvl = wizard level

2 = the magnitude of the the wizard's lvl (clarified above)

LoB = Lore of Beasts

LoW = Lore of Wild

Full Com = Full Command = Musician, Champion, and Standard Bearer

Music = Musician

Champ = Champion

Mino = Minotaur

x 3 = times three

GW = Great Weapons (not to be confused with Games Workshop which is often abbr. GW... oops abbr. = abbreviated )

Tals of Prot = Talisman of Protection

Tusk Chariot = Tuskgor Chariot

Numbers following a unit = number of points the unit is worth

Most assuredly you are not |_| |3 3 |2 1 3 3 7 % 0 |2, and as to whom my lord is, you may call him Beast Lord Fuzzy Bottom.
    Baby boys are like free bulldozer rental tickets. You have no idea what you're going to do with them but you know they are awesome!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I shall disregard the condescending/sarcastic manner in which you replied and still provide help; since at least you've taken the time to type it out.

What exactly are you trying to accomplish with those shamen?

They paid points for magic items, while they are level two's, yet those items are not to further enhance the magic phase. I recommend the hagtree fetish, some power stones (if you want to cast those hard-to-cast spells) or the Shard of Herstone/Staff of Darkoth.

It may not seem like much, but a str 1 magic missile can be useful against those T3 troops (i.e. most "top tier" armies have T3 troopers such as Dark Elves, Vampire Counts and Demons!). When you use the hagtree fetish and successfully cast 5d6 STR1 hits, rerolling the first batch that doesn't roll a 6, something good's bound to happen.

Another idea would be to scout a shaman who is riding a razorgor chariot while having the weapon-that-deals-a-str3-hit-against-everyone-in-base-contact (sorry don't have my book with me at the moment.) Combined with primal fury and impact hits, a scouting chariot of this magnitude is also a nice force to be reckoned with (but it's expensive!)

Your skirmishing troops are a bit too big and prone to panic. Perhaps 2x10 and 3x6 would shave enough points (combined with other tweaks) to get some big monsters in the list. They are still quite useful as redirectors, ambushers and screeners.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Spikes View Post
    What exactly are you trying to accomplish with those shamen?
    Quote Originally Posted by Burnanation View Post

The fighty shammy will be with the gors the other two shammies in the ungor raiders. The shammy with the hunter's spear will sit back lobbing spells and spears.
    The shaman with the Jagged Dagger has been given the means to kill stuff. Why? Because when he kills something in cc he receives power dice. With Bear's Anger cast on himself, he'll generate a nice chunk of power dice.

And I did make a small typeo on the original posting. The Hunter's Spear Shaman gets Lore of Death. As it says above he and his raiders will just be moving about shooting things. Why give him Hunter's Spear? because it makes him a mobile bolt thrower that will dance around the battle field.

Last shaman was to see if there was any point to take the new Lore, which the more I ponder and play the less I see a reason.

At 69 points a peice I'm not worried about loosing them, and if my enemy decides that they are worth pumping magic into instead of the solid unit of gors or minotaurs, awesome. If 3 units of ungor raiders changes the way he sets up and plays his game and the raiders don't show up, that's still awesome in my book. If the raiders show up and do some damage, even better.

Although an interesting idea with the stealth shaman driving a cart, I'm not sold on the idea. He's gotta be hiding out of view and 10 inches away from an enemy model. That limiting enough, but then combine with the fact that a chariot moving through any type of difficut terrain suffers d6 str 5 hits.

+ Reply to Thread