1K beastmen - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 1K beastmen

quik-quik, kill-kill! The bearded one's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    585 (x8)

1K beastmen

I bought the new book, and might play beastmen in the near future, so I already made a list of the army I'd like to play with. I wanted to include 4 units of ungor raiders, but then the list was just so extremely empty with only 6 mino's and 20 ungor raiders, and would be dull to model and paint as well. The 20 gors are debatable. Maybe I will end up switching them for 2x 5 ungor raiders and 1-2 extra minotaurs.

Gorebull
    Ramhorn helm
    Gnarled hide
    heavy armour
    shield

Bray-Shaman
    lvl 2
    additional handweapon ( just in case )
    Shadow-hide ( I want to put my shaman in a forest near the edge so he can still look out of it. Single char, soft cover, and -1 for shadow hide is -3 to hit. -4 at long range! )

20 Gors
    additional hand weapons
    full command

5 Ungor raiders
    musician
    33 ( easier to rally )

5 Ungor raiders
    musician

5 Ungor raiders
    musician

3 Minotaurs
    additional hand weapons

3 Minotaurs ( Gorebull here )
    Great weapons
    Standard bearer
    musician

999 pts

43 models ( 7 minotaurs )

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x2)

this is more as personal choice tbh, but i would drop the 20 gor unit, the mino's can deal with any combat you will see at this level, take another wizard with the Hagtree Fetish, add a little variety to the spice of death

otherwise its a very nice list

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ungors

There's no point in taking the ungors in groups of 5, they'll just be nommed by every man and his dog. As for the comment regarding minotaurs doing all the combat, in all the games i've played people usually run from them unless they know they can beat them, or just shoot them to death. At least if you take the gors you have something to fall back on if the Minos die.

-Asylum

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't rate ungor raiders at all. Their shooting does nothing, can be shot to pieces and lets not even mention combat. I would just have 2 units of 10 normal ungors. This would put you on exactly 1000 points. Use them as a screen for the minotaurs. Other than that a very solid fighting army. What could resist the charge of 3 minotaurs and a gorebull?

+ Reply to Thread