<1000 1500 Army First Try Need Some Help - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 Army First Try Need Some Help

217 Gorebull (heavy armor, gnarled hide, the brass cleaver, shield)
    160 Bray Shaman(lvl2, 2 dispell scrolls)
    160 Bray Shaman(lvl2, staff of darkoth)

Chariot
    140 Gor Unit 15 strong (standard, champion, addiitonal hand weapons)
    51 Ungor Raiders 8 strong (muscian)

209 Minotaurs 3 strong (great weapons, champion)
    209 Minotaurs 3 strong (same)

Ghorgon

Total 1501

This is my first attempt at a beastmen army list. I was going to put one shaman in the chariot and the other in my gor unit. The gorbull will go with one unit of minotaurs. I will harass with the ungor raiders and hit hard from the sides with my minotaurs and ghorgon. It seems like a good idea just let me know what you think. Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no one has any tips?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x1)

Looks like a good list, a few comments
    Quote Originally Posted by clamdigger666 View Post
    217 Gorebull (heavy armor, gnarled hide, the brass cleaver, shield)
    160 Bray Shaman(lvl2, 2 dispell scrolls)
    Swich out one scroll for the hagtree fetish. 4dispel dice and 1 scroll should be plenty magic defence in this point size.
    160 Bray Shaman(lvl2, staff of darkoth)
    I'm not sure which lores of magic you choose, but a good synergy is to take lore of death on both of the shamen to ensure you have the magic missles. This will allow you to target one unit with hagtree fetish and three magic missles and still have a couple dice left over for another spell.

Chariot
    140 Gor Unit 15 strong (standard, champion, addiitonal hand weapons)
    51 Ungor Raiders 8 strong (muscian)
    Good solid core. Raiders are very useful for baiting and counter charging with minotaurs.

209 Minotaurs 3 strong (great weapons, champion)
    209 Minotaurs 3 strong (same)
    Champion isn't nessisary on the unit without the gorebull, I personally find it a bit too expensive for the extra attack, but it has it's uses.

Ghorgon
    Our rare choice monsters are very nice, maybe a bit overpriced compared to what is out there in other armies, but I think it is a must to have at least one in every list over 1000 points. The ghorgon is a killing machine. I would send him accross the field as fast as possible and get him in combat, pinning the enemy in place while you other troops come in.
    I would also reccomend trying out the other rare choices, because all three (ghorgon, jabberslythe and cygor) are good at what they do. Play around and see which one you like best. I prefer the jabberslythe over the other two because I love to send him in on flank charges out of nowhere to negate ranks

Total 1501
    You can't go over 1500 in a 1500 point list, If its just a friendly game it could be fine if your opponent says its okay for you to be one point over, but its always a good habbit to be at or under the point limit. But with the hagtree change it will bring you down five points and you will be good.

This is my first attempt at a beastmen army list. I was going to put one shaman in the chariot and the other in my gor unit (If there is points, give the non mounted on an aditional hand weapon). The gorbull will go with one unit of minotaurs. I will harass with the ungor raiders and hit hard from the sides with my minotaurs and ghorgon. It seems like a good idea just let me know what you think. Thanks

I AM the Evil Twin! Jared van Kell's Avatar
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1466 (x8)

I would recommend the Axes of Khorgor for the Gorebull as the ability to re-roll those hits is alway good.

Of all the Rare Choices the Jabberslythe is perhaps the best. Its also a fantastic modelling opportunity as well as there is no set way to do it. As long as it is reasonably draconic looking and can fly who is to say otherwise.

JvK
    Last edited by Jared van Kell; April 5th, 2010 at 16:20. Reason: Because I can.
    Basically life sucks, there is only war and you're probably gonna get eaten by Tyranids, have fun.

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/2/trek_hmm.gif

+ Reply to Thread