<3000 Beastmen 3,000 pt list. (still a few kinks..) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Beastmen 3,000 pt list. (still a few kinks..)

BEASTMEN.
    Lords:
    Doombull: gnarled hide, Heavy Armor, Ramhorn helm, Brass cleaver, Dawnstone=332 Ideally this monster would enable a unit (gors or bestigors) w/ frenzy as well as just cut through ranks and characters. His attacks are numerous; anything in base contact w/ him, failed attacks and rerolled armor saves to enable more attacks. not bad at 2+ armor save and higher toughness. Just a monster.

Gorthor the Beastlord: upgrade to Razorgor Chariot: 415 A powerful hitter and tremendous boon to leadership. Also having a bound spell does not hurt a typically weak beastman magic phase

Total: 744

Heroes:
    Slugtounge: 190 I love his Illness-A-Bomb way too much to give up. Poisoned attacks & regen are icing on the red velvet cupcake of this lvl 2 shaman

Wargor: BSB; wailing banner, Shadowhide, Heavy armor + Shield= 171 Essentially I want this guy to stay alive. nothing special. I was hoping to add him and his TERROR causing banner to the Bestigor unit

Brayshaman: lvl2, dispel scroll= 135 I hope I haven't gone overboard on magic, but a dispel scroll and some potent lore of beast magic can never hurt....theoretically

Total: 496

Core:
    Chariot x2 = 160 once Gorthor is let loose, these guys are to assist him in taking out wreaking havoc/ warmachine killers/ flank smashers
    Ungor Raiders: (10 per unit) Musician= 63 screeners. If they live, hooray. if not, i shed a tear for them.
    Ungor Raiders: (10 per unit) Musician= 63 *ambush unit*
    Ungor Raiders: (10 per unit) Musician= 63
    Ungor Raiders: (10 per unit) Musician= 63 *ambush unit*
    Gor Herd: (26 per unit) SB, Musician= 223 a solid block. Ideally I will place the shaman in this unit. Potentially making them a monster when the +1 str/T spell is cast on them
    Gor Herd: (26 per unit) SB, Musician= 223 *ambush unit*
    Ungor Spearmen: (34 per unit) SB, Musician= 213 stubborn block with slugtounge in them. Lots of attacks and good to hold a line while more powerful units hack and slash. Cheap as all hell too.
    The idea of the core force is to spread chaos everywhere on the battle field. with 20 ungor raiders screening the more potent units, 20 ungor raiders popping up behind the lines and a horde of ungor, I feel that the enemy will be properly distracted by a small army within their ranks, giving the harder hitters time to advance and completly surround them...or at least let them be unobstructed by warmachines

Total: 1071

Special:

Bestigors: (27 per unit) SB; Banner of swiftness, musician= 393 My favorite unit in the beastmen book. Armored, tough and strong as bejezus. This large unit will have 2 ranks of attacks (horde rules), cause terror, move faster (their sb) and potentially; have frenzy. *i am unsure of frenzy due to the 2 attacks (per rank) vs rerolling primal fear. Howver if the unit is terrified, their WS will be negligible. They can keep a good reign on their charges/bait status with the BSB and decent leadership

(was thinking of having them use the manbane standard for -1 on enemies ldr tests)

Total: 393

Rare:

Jabberslythe: 275 causing panick, pulling out characters etc etc. will help flank any pesky units the gors/ungors are stuck on and decimate

Ideally, I would LOVE to fit a cygor in here, for stonethrowing and more havoc, but where to find the points!?

*edit: if i ditched Gorthor and took Kazrak, that would give me most the points i need...=(*
    Total: 275

Grand total: 2979

Still curious what to do with the remaining 21 points.

Two things of note:
    no minotaurs: i love these guys, but for a viable unit of 6, it's about 450 points. Far too much for this army. Plus they are always the first targeted. If i can wiggle three in here for a small strike unit, I may... (GW)

centigor strike force: half tempted to replace the chariots with centigors with greatweapons. 1 wound on those guys is the biggest drawback....

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

your just wasting points adding heavy armour to the ramhorn helm because as far as i knoe they cant be combined

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ramhorn helm can, and should be, combined with other armor, i use a very similar set up too his on my DB, only Dif is i use Sword of swift slaying instead of his brass cleavers and a shield(for the 1+ armor save), hes not that slow at I5, he'll get ASF and be rerolling hits against most non elf troops and against heros of the slower races, O&G, dwarf, Ogres, lizards, TK, and most enemy wizards, as if they don't die fast enough.

As for where you want too spend those points, i'm not sure what you can fit in. you could drop a couple ungors and throw in some warhounds i suppose.
    I'm surprised too see a Jabber, with the change too flying, the new BSB messing up his passive, a relativly weak statline, and no stubborn, I've strayed away from him. shame too... a giant bug frog dragon just sounds so cool

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with coldblooded on the Jabber issue there not as great as they seem at first though they are certainly not to be taken likly, i would take a cygor/ghorgon over a jabber tho, and as you seem to want to use the ambush rule in this list i would defo defo defo take khazrak the re rolling on ambush rolls are just *drawl* plus hes great for taking on hordes with his scourge whip.

all in all i do like the list and like u i love the minos but also agree there a waste of points sometimes, hope this helps alittle =)
    Knowledge gives us power and wisdom, but imagination is what truly sets us free.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    141 (x3)

I would at a champion to the unit gors where the shaman goes, this way you can accept a challenge with the champion instead of letting the shaman go to the back and ofcours protect the rest of the unit agains enemie characters.

+ Reply to Thread