<2000 1500 point my first purchase army. casual play - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 point my first purchase army. casual play

Heylo, I just got 2 battalion boxes , a beastlord and a bray shaman.

I came up with a list for casual play, the guys I play against pretty much exclusivly use, dark elves, WoC, Ogres, dwarves and ocasionally High elves.

1500 pts Everything I own list.

General
    Great Bray Shaman - 335
    AHW
    L4 - Lore of Beasts
    Hagtree Fetish
    Crown of Command
    Talisman of Preservation

Hero
    Wargor - 241
    BSB - Beast Banner
    Slug Skin
    Hvy Arm
    Shield

Core
    I have an ambush setup for the shooty dwarves and dark elves
    Gor Herd x20 - 185
    FC
    AHW

Gor Herd x20 - 185
    FC
    AHW

Ungor Herd x20 - 184
    FC
    Ungrol four Horn

Special

Bestigor Herd x 20 - 300
    FC
    Champ has Gnarled hide
    Banner = Banner of Discipline

So thats it (pretty much because thats all the models I own)

What do you think? any changes I should make?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just realized I forgot to mention, both general and GBS bunkered with the Bestigors
    And when I'm fighting the tough blocks of melee stuff (like thw WoC or Ogres) I would sitch to one block of 40 gors instead of the two blocks which I would use if they are playing shooty armies (like that guy and his dwarven gun line, I hate organ guns.)
    Last edited by ShihadMustafa; September 12th, 2011 at 21:13.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x1)

For a first try it's fairly good.

First of all, a BSB cannot have a shield (but can have stuff like Halberds for some reason). Instead of saying that you'll merge units up agains x army it's better to make a single list that can take all comers, if your army isn't resilient enough to take all threats then it should be changed so it can.

I'm not all that familiar with Lore of Beasts (I only use it for Wildform) but I'm fairly sure that your Fetish won't be all that much help with it, if you were using Lore of the Wild, however, it would be brilliant, getting re-rolls for Bray Scream and Viletide will wreck units.
    As for your Core section I'm not entierly sure about the Ungor herd, sure, they have Four-Horn, but for those points you could boost both Gor units up to 30, making them Hordes and much more dangerous.
    Speaking of Hordes, I would strongly reccomend using 30 Bestigors, against infantry of the same calibre they tend to take casualties that a unit of 20 can't cope with, again a Horde will benefit you more. Also, I would drop the Beast Banner and get a level 1 Shaman, your Bestigors are already plenty strong, I would also get rid of the gift on the Gouge-Horn, he probably won't use a 3+ save...additionally, I would reccomend the Manbane or Flaming Banner on the Bestigors, they're geting Fury re-rolls so shouldn't need the extra point of leadership.

If you're worried about gunlines that's nothing the good Raider won't solve, or harpies if you want a more reliable investment.

Hope this helps.
    "Take their gold, burn their homes, kill their familes and enslave their souls. Show them no mercy...oh and could you post these letters while you're out?"
    -Malekith, Witch King of Naggaroth.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It does, The only reason I dont have more in is because I dont own more and this was kind of a big investment for me so itll be a while before I can add to it, so the numbers up there is all I have.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    140 (x5)

Actually, our BSB's can have shields. I wouldn't take Slug-Skin, Gnarled Hide gives you a 2+ armor save when combined with heavy armor and a shield, and Gouge-Tusks gives you a handy -1 armor as well. Gors also like big units, so I'd make a 40-man Horde out of that, and put the BSB in it. I also wouldn't bother with normal Ungors, or with Ungrol Four-Horn - I'd field those Ungors as Raiders (2 units of 10 ), and put the Beast Banner on your BSB (gives your Gors Strength 4, and still lets you use your Gifts of Chaos - everyone wins!)

As far as magic goes, I really recommend the Lore of Death for your GBS, especially with the setup you have.
    Last edited by rothgar13; September 13th, 2011 at 07:44.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah all that makes a lot of sense actually, thank you I'll go with that,

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    140 (x5)

Sure, man. I can tell you this works pretty well, as I use all of what I said myself.

+ Reply to Thread