<1000 1000 points Doubles list (Paired with Tomb Kings) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Oh No! Not Him Again! Non Marine Player's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    94 (x2)

1000 points Doubles list (Paired with Tomb Kings)

Well, me and a mate of mine want to go to Warhammer World to participate in the next Doubles Tourney, and we figured we'd make things work with our two, arguably not highly competitive armies. We have an idea which you should be able to grasp from the two lists:

I'm taking:
    Beastlord - Heavy Armour, Shield, Ramhorn Helm, Gnarled Hide, Brass Cleaver
    Bray Shaman - AHW, Herdstone (Lore of Beasts)
    24 Gors - FC, AHW
    6 Ungor Raiders
    24 Bestigor - FC, Standard of Discipline
    5 Scouting Harpies

Whilst my friend is taking
    Lvl 3 Liche High Priest (Nehekhara)
    3 Lvl 1 Liche Priests (Light)
    40 Skeleton Archers
    Warsphinx with Breath Weapon
    Casket of Souls

I feel that the army is in a good place right now, but we are trying a few new combinations and wonder if you guys could suggest anything. The tournament allows us to take 1 building, so we are taking a wizards tower to get Loremaster on our magical artillery. What could change, what is good, how would you play this?
    NMP

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    140 (x5)

Needs more Gors - 24 is too few to stand up to the likes of Ogres, Chaos Warriors, and Saurus, doubly so when you don't have the Beast Banner. I don't think you need the Standard of Discipline if the Beastlord is in the unit - Ld10 is a luxury, and at 1K luxuries are a tough sell. While I'm aware that your Harpies are likely there to hunt war machines, I'd prefer a Razorgor - your TK ally isn't going to be able to provide much backup in CC, so you'll need to win fights yourself.
    "The best defense is a good offense." -Gen. George S. Patton

My philosophy on gaming, courtesy of Herm Edwards.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

94 (x2)

I figured I could fit in a BSB Wargor for around the same points as the Beastlord, but I'm not sure I could fit the Herdstone in otherwise, which is a key aspect of the list. The Wildform from the Shaman makes the Gors pretty good, but admittedly not as good as with a Beast Banner. I was considering a Pumba, they can still flank like the Harpies, and I do like Pumbas. Fitting in more Gors could be achieved by dropping a few Bestigor and some upgrades, plus I could minimise the Ungor unit size (since the last one was only there to fill minimum core) but I don't know which upgrades I would drop.

As for the idea of the army, what do you think? He keeps his 4 wizards next to the Herdstone, which with the Casket's +d3 power dice plus channels gives us a very strong magic phase most turns. The Sphinx is amazing when no cannons are on the field, that thing has kept things tarpitted for so many turns, plus it can win combats very well if the Breath weapon goes well. That and the TK augment spells make Gors SWEET (especially the +1 attack, killing blow and 5+ ward spells).

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    140 (x5)

I think it's a good idea to combine the TK + Beastmen mage engines. And yeah, I'd water down the Bestigors a little in order to stuff in more Gors, because right now that unit of 24 is kind of a liability. The Beastlord should be enough to keep the Bestis up and running. I think -1 Bestigors (so you can still field them 6 x 4), -Standard of Discipline, -1 Ungor Raider, -5 Harpies with Scout, +1 Razorgor, +6 Gors is a pretty good trade for you.
    "The best defense is a good offense." -Gen. George S. Patton

My philosophy on gaming, courtesy of Herm Edwards.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

94 (x2)

Fair enough, I will try that out, thanks for the point shifting help =)

+ Reply to Thread