<2000 2000 point list any suggestions for improvement please. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000 point list any suggestions for improvement please.

I have just made this list but i'm not sure whether I should take out the minotaurs and replace them with another pumba and some bestigors.
    My list so far:
    Lords
    Beastlord, Steel claws, Heavy armour, Ramhorn helm, Gnarled hide Gor unit (1)
    Great Bray Shaman, Lvl 4, AHW, Dispel scroll (beasts)
    Heroes
    Wargor, BSB, Heavy armour, Beast banner Gor unit (1)
    2 Lvl 1’s (death)
    Wargor, Mangelder, Heavy armour, Shield Gor unit (2)
    Core
    (1) 33 gors, FC, Shields
    (2) 34 gors, FC, AHW
    Special
    6 Minotaurs, Shields, FC
    1 Pumba

Should I swap the shields on Gor unit (1) for AHW and should I replace the minotaurs with the units I said above.

Thanks for reading Hope to hear your suggestions soon.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    140 (x5)

Given that you're not bringing Minotaur characters, I would encourage you to bring Bestigors instead of Minotaurs. Character support is downright mandatory for Beastmen units, and the Minos will do poorly without it. I swear by my Horde of Bestigors with a Beastlord.

The second thing to point out is that Gor units that don't have the Beast Banner tend to be nowhere near as good (and yes, Shields are bad). I'd bring only one unit (and beef up the numbers on the other), and spend the points you have in the other on units such as Ungor Raiders and Chariots. You need the complementary pieces to help your big blocks get to the combats you want, and then win them. With that in mind, only the Wargor BSB is necessary - I'd trade him in for a Shaman carrying the Shard of the Herdstone, so you can camp those boys in the back and generate lots of tasty power dice for your army. I also recommend the use of Lore of Shadows over Death - the range on Death is too short, and we're not great in the Ld department (so Spirit Leech is of conditional use).

Your Beastlord looks pretty killy, but there's no Ward save, which means you're one Killing Blow or failed Look Out, Sir! away from being in big trouble. It pays to kit him out for defense, because the army depends on his Leadership even more than it does on his combat ability. While we're at it, I also like to kit my Great Bray-Shaman out to fight - I'd hand the Dispel Scroll to a normal Bray-Shaman, and give the big guy some Fencer's Blades and the Jagged Dagger, plus put him in the unit of Gors so he can generate even more dice for you. This is how Beastmen dominate the magic phase. Anything you have left over should go for another Razorgor.
    "The best defense is a good offense." -Gen. George S. Patton

My philosophy on gaming, courtesy of Herm Edwards.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks massively for your reply and I will do many of these things to help improve my list. Do you mind if I ask how to kit out the Beastlord,
    Thanks again

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

140 (x5)

My main preferences are a 4+ Ward save, the Crown of Command to make the unit he's in Stubborn, and whatever magic weapon you can afford with what's left over (it really doesn't matter as long as it gives you magical attacks). Since you're at 2000 points, I would recommend you skip the Crown of Command so you can fit in your Great Bray-Shaman, and just run him with the Armor of Destiny and a Sword of Battle.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks for the reply again, I appreciate the help and improvements you've been suggesting,
    Thanks again

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

140 (x5)

Sure thing man. Good luck!

+ Reply to Thread