First beasts list, 1K - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

First beasts list, 1K

Currently starting a beast army, but it will be built slowly as i want to make a really good job of the painting and modelling. heres my 1000pt list im aiming towards, what do you think?

General:
    Wargor
    2* HW
    Shield
    Chaos Armour

Bray Shaman
    Bray Staff

Bray Shaman
    Bray Staff

Core
    Bestigor Herd
    11 Bestigors

Musician
    Standard Bearer

Beast Heard
    8 Gors
    12 Ungors
    2xHW, Sp
    Musician

Beast Heard
    8 Gors
    12 Ungors
    2xHW, Sp
    Musician

5 Warhounds of Chaos

Special
    5 Centigors
    Shields
    Musician

Rare
    3 Dragon Ogres
    GW, LA

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Koosh for the KooshLord kooshlord's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    99 (x3)

The list looks pretty decent, although I'd tweak it a bit.

Any units you intend to ambush with could be shrunk. beast HERDS (what have your beasts heard?) that ambush could be smaller, since they are mostly there to attack flanks.

11 bestigors is a wierd number. Does the general or someone join the unit? I'd put a standard on the main beast herd, and take it away from a small unit of bestigor. My rule of thumb is infantry without at least +2 rank bonus shouldn't have a banner, it is too easy for something to charge, kill the front rank, and then get extra VP for capturing the banner if they destroy the unit.

I LIKE dragon ogres. That being said, I haven't had much luck with them, they usually end up shot/magicked to death or horribly outnumbered. They are such a threatening/expensive unit that they receive a lot of attention.

Koosh

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

sorry, didnt really put any tactics in this 1st time did I... lol.
    Basically, each beast herd (was just a typo i think) has a shaman in it, raising the number to 21, hence needing 6 kills for panic.
    the general joins the bestigor in 2 ranks of 6, basically to kick out damage, not really for static CR. i agree about the banner, ill prob drop that.
    i intend to ambush with the hounds, i want the herds on the table at the start, and the hounds are cheap so i dont really care if they mess up when comng on. with low Ld, id be a bit more cautious before ambushing with herds.
    dragon ogres are nasty, just there for damge!
    this is my second fantasy army,my 1st was tomb kings so very different as i can now march micast and will probably flee from fear as opposed to always causing it!

+ Reply to Thread