Beast list tweaking before tourney - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    160 (x7)

Beast list tweaking before tourney

I've run a beast list about the same for quite some time now. I like playing undivided, while it's not super powerful, it's what I've been comfortable with.
    The one problem I have is putting characters in units and having them do well or having the unit do well. I really only have 2 choices for units that can carry characters: Bestigors and Beast herds
    I was wondering, if I can place a mark on my bestigors (Khorne) and still put an undivided character in it. Or does the character have to have that mark as well. (I think he does) I feel with just one frenzied unit, I ought to be able to control where they go with screen hounds and such and I have so many other threats (minotaurs, chariots, dragon ogres) that they ought to be able to get into combat well enough. Here's what I'm running as a list right now,
    Beastlord gt weapon, armor of damnation, Horn of the Hunt, Gaze of the Gods
    Wargor sword of might, pelt ofthe dark young, hvy armor, BSB
    Shaman lvl1 2x dispel scrolls
    Shaman lvl1 2x dispel scrolls
    16x Bestigor full command, warbanner (usually has 2 characters)
    Big Beastherd full command 2x characters
    3x minotaurs grt weapons
    3x minotaurs grt weapons
    8x furies
    2x ambushing beastherds
    3x tuskgor chariots
    2x 5x hounds
    3x Dragon Ogres
    I was thinking if I went to Khorngors, that would make them a bit more effective in combat and I could maybe drop one of the Shamans or make one of them a bit more fighty. Or make a Khornemarked wargor go with the Khorngors which would save points and add another Dispel die.
    So the main things are, should I switch to Khorngors? Should I keep the same characters? Where should I deploy my characters?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Koosh for the KooshLord kooshlord's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    99 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by buckero0 View Post
    I was wondering, if I can place a mark on my bestigors (Khorne) and still put an undivided character in it. Or does the character have to have that mark as well. (I think he does)
    Your latter statement is correct, you cannot have an undivided character in a unit with a different Mark.

I think khornegors would be a excellent choice. I would combine them with a unit of marauder horsemen. The horsemen would charge-bait enemies into the charge range of the khornegors, who would then charge. Just have a plan in case they flee from the khornegors. Hounds may also fill the same role in a pinch.

A unit of approximately 12-14 khornegors with a warbanner would probably be sufficient, they might benefit from a character to accept challenges (they'll do plenty of damage, but aren't great at taking it, especially with small numbers). You might also give the accompanying character a pelt of dark young or collar of khorne (legal?), as khornegors will be a high-priority target (relatively small, relatively expensive unit). Remember, the khorne character can always join the beast-herd if desired (unmarked unit!).

Cheers!
    -Koosh
    Arena of Death Champion: Nexim of the Guldskullz Tribe. Fear my wrath!

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

160 (x7)

Please don't post the points for unupgraded units. -Koosh

Thanks Koosh - what do you think about the Banner of Rage? Is it too expensive?
    Undivided 2247
    191 Beastlord* General Hvy Wpn, Armor of Damnation, Horn of Hunt, Gaze of the Gods
    134 Wargor* BSB hvy armor, sword of might, Pelt of Dark Young
    134 Wargor Mark of Khorne, Khorne Ax , Hvy Armor, Enchanted shield
    131 Shaman* lvl1 braystaff Dispel Scroll, Dispel Scroll
    5x Hounds*
    5x Hounds*
    Tuskgor Chariot scything wheels,
    125 BeastHerd* 6G(2hd wpn)/12Un FC
    - 96 Beastherd* 5G(2hdwpn)/9un Foerender/musc
    - 96 Beastherd* 5G(2hdwpn)/9un Foerender/musc
    317 16x Khorngor w/FC Rage Banner (reroll breaktests, don’t lose frenzy)
    138s Minotaur Gt wpns
    138s Minotaur Gt wpns
    s 8 x Furies
    75r Spawn of Slaanesh
    237r Dragon Ogres great wpns, lt armor
    this gives me 5 dispel dice and 2 scrolls, I'm a little worried about the beastherd being too expensive and not being able to rally
    Last edited by kooshlord; July 19th, 2007 at 16:45. Reason: removed some points costs

Koosh for the KooshLord kooshlord's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    99 (x3)

Banner of rage is great if you are going into combats you think you might lose, especially when you are charged. Between the hounds and the expendable beastherds, I think you have plenty of units to charge-bait enemies into range of your khornegors without much risk of them charging you. What you want to do is inflict enough kills when you charge to break the enemy before reinforcements get to you, as such a warbanner might be more helpful to reduce enemy static CR.

I think the banner of rage is better on warriors or knights who might be expected to hold the enemy for a few rounds while help arrives. It won't hurt the khornegors though, and might come in handy once in a while.

125 points is not too expensive, I'd say you should up the numbers a bit so you can take some casualties and still have full rank bonus. Remember, you're usually gonna be at least 6-7 models wide.

You have a lot of units with great weapons striking last. You might think about giving a minotaur unit 2 hand weapons, to increase your initiative and number of attacks.

Cheers!
    -Koosh
    Arena of Death Champion: Nexim of the Guldskullz Tribe. Fear my wrath!

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

160 (x7)

I meant it was expensive because there would be 3 characters in the beast herd.
    I am usually pretty good about getting the charge when I want it (I move fast!) so the warbanner might be better for me ~ it would also let me add a couple of gors to my ambushing herds.

+ Reply to Thread