Idea for 2000pt list (advice needed) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Idea for 2000pt list (advice needed)

I'm interested in starting a new fanatsy army and came up with an idea after flicking through the BoC army book at GW.

Morghur really caught my eye in the special characters section and his rules look fantastic. So basically, I'm planning on making a list based around Morghur's spawn horde and focusing on having an almost entirely fear or terror causing army. Would this work?

The rough outline would be -

Morghur
    2 wargors with Mark of Nurgle
    20 pestigors
    3 dragon ogres
    3 dragon ogres
    Chaos giant
    2 tuskgor chariots
    5 warhounds x 4
    2 ambushing herds (5 gors + 5 ungors?)
    2 big herds (8 gors + 16-20 ungors?)

With this army, I plan to deploy all the expendable units (warhounds and ungors) 8" away from morghur to create multiple spawn while rushing everything towards the other end of the board. I imagine that if Morghur can get close enough to enemy units, then my opponent would have an extremely difficult time avoiding being pinned down.

Anyone got any opinions on the idea?

Also, just for rule clarification, does a wargor with Mark of Nurgle in a beast herd cause the whole unit tot cause fear?

Thanks for any replies

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

First of all answering your fear question, no. But if the enmy wants to charge the unit and will end up fighting against the nurgle wargor, then they will still need a fear test. As the wargor always ranks up and fights, they they will need a test unless the herd is already locked in CC and they are being flanked.
    Anyway, onto the list:

With an army causing fear i think it will work quite well for you, as it can also nullify on of the Beasts key weaknesses, low Ld against fear causing armies. And against other armies, fear is always a good thing!
    Morghur is an awesome special character, the only problem is, you will need loads of spawns spare, or he is kinda pointless.
    The rest of the list looks fairly decent. Dogres work best in units of 4, but with 2 units they should be fairly nasty anyway.
    Only problem could be the lack of magic defense, possibly get a shaman scroll caddy in there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the help Deciever!

I've posted a list on the army list section

Thanks again!

Rav
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)