Best Beast Rare Choice - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Best Rare Choice

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dragon Ogres

12 42.86%
  • Dragon Ogre Shaggoth

7 25.00%
  • Chaos Giant

3 10.71%
  • Chaos Spawn

10 35.71%
  • None

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    255 (x6)

Best Beast Rare Choice

Just wondering what the general thoughts were.....

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

I put my vote in for the Dragon Ogres. Shaggoths are too expensive points wise, (although the model is amazing). The randomness of spawns movement is a put off for me, although their cheap cost and possible upgrades put them a close second. The Giant is just too random and too much of a liability i think.
    Dragon Ogres, despite the horrendous models, i think are the best choice there is. Especially for a BoC only army, as they bring some much needed heavy hitting to the army. They are expensive, but with everything else being so cheap, their cost can be easily afforded.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Spawn with MOS to help them get where they are going.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do like Spawns for the versatility (and £15 for 2 (the new 40k ones)). 60pts each isn't too bad I suppose, so I picked Spawns. Although I love the Shaggoth models and I may have to buy one just to paint it.

DW

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    107 (x4)

I’ve got to say its spawn all the way for me. 2 for one choice, unbreakable, cause fear, with a possible 7 attacks at strength 4, not to mention cheap enough not to matter, not big enough to panic your units if destroyed yet big enough for your opponent to worry about getting into his troops. It’s a winner all the way.

I'm fine tuning a Tzeentch beast list and I think I’m going to have to go for 4 Tzeentch spawn. I like the possibility of 4 breath attacks against one unit before they all go in and munch them up.
    Last edited by saltrock36; September 8th, 2007 at 19:57. Reason: Formatting

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I went with Dragon Ogres. They are simply too bad@$$ to ignore. Fast, powerful and your opponent can almost never ignore them!
    sakenpo@ptd.net
    Lower/Lesser rating always ships first!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cheers Saltrock:drinking:, I just posted a Tzeentch list earlier today (my first list, but with a lot of thought). Looking over the different Marks, I really wish I'd have added some into my Hordes List, only now do I see how great 4 breath attacks could be...I just drooled on myself-no lie!!

I really have to say Spawn over Dragon Ogres, one because misplacing letters and awful spelling and you end up with Orgy, but 2 Dragon Ogres are just way too expensive and a huge liability-a trio of spawn and you are spending less than the amount of 3 Dragons with a much more spread out threat, and the new spawn by far outclass the deformed Dragon ogres.
    Last edited by Angron88; September 20th, 2007 at 21:59.
    Asking for suggestions without knowing what you're planning on doing is like asking a blind man what color shirt matches your eyes.

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    160 (x7)

Dragon Ogres all the way. They are still a little too expensive in my opinion (especially compared to kroxigors) but they are the best bet. Giants are fun but irresponsible (they always die and fall on my own guys without killing the enemy enough) Shaggoth needs a serious overhaul (just too weak and impractical for the points) I used to love the spawn but even with MoS, they move too slow for my taste. They were always getting my other units stuck behind them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The whole basis of spawn is that they are a powerful distraction-he reason you ge 2 for one rare choice is because you need a least four in a 2000 point army. Even if you take 4 (which i did in my beasts army) the enemy has to down all four of them or continually feed small units to keep that potential threat down.

Dragon ogres on the other hand are only possible in VERY small units and are easily targeted by a cannon-thus earning points for the cannon and keeping the dragon ogres from making their minimum of 210 points.

I do agree with the shaggoth opinion though, great model, but poor game-winner.
    Asking for suggestions without knowing what you're planning on doing is like asking a blind man what color shirt matches your eyes.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    399 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by frozencore View Post
    Just wondering what the general thoughts were.....
    Hi frozencore.

As per forum rules Poll's require a closing date. Can you please edit it and give it an end date.

Cheers
    Skar
    Mirage Arcana Podcast
    The "A Smart Player Will..." theory is a complete paradox. If we make an assumption that everything we do is outsmarted, then theoretically we can never win.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast