Morghur Sacrifices - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Morghur Sacrifices

Morghur is my favorite character in Fantasy, and i am hoping to get him soon, but i was wondering, what unit should i use for his chaos spawn creator ability, ungors or chaos hounds.

Both units will be fast enough to keep up with his insane wandering, and both will die easily to his powers, but what would be better as a walking, or running sacrifices.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

Use both! Lots of both. Ungor are cheaper of course, and if you have enough of them then by the time combat comes you could still have plenty of Gors to do some fighting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x1)

I like to use both.

The dogs have the agreeable trait of taking half their wounds and then fleeing from him (towards the enemy since he shambles less than they march). When you blow the brayhorn in round 2 they rally and he shambles up and finishes them off.

Beastmen are more valuable for their ability to wrap around him and restrict his movement/visibility. While he's invincible from beyond 12" there remains the threat of enemies moving forward and gunning him down with a ratling gun or some such, or charging him with some sort of long charging character killer. In addition to this, the Beastmen can often drop a spawn without needing an immediate panic check.

I also like to keep some chariots around, as they usually take one or two wounds and craft some spawn, while retaining their full charge strength.

Note that when clumping up around Morghur you need to leave everyone a path straight towards their closest foe, in case they go Unruly and move during the compulsory phase, which will totally mess up your march forward, as they go 1", bump into the guys ahead of them and then stop, fouling the guys behind them. In particular, Morghur's own path forward must be left open insofar as you want him to go.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks guys, but i was wondering whether spending the additional 2 points on the warhounds for the lower leadership, making the hounds more easily affected by the taint, but more expensive.

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

True.. hmm, yea definitely worth it. Also due to the fact you can have small units of them, you can really swarm Morghur with them, and with one spawn created from each unit each turn...

Never used him personally, but id love to give it a go. Awesome Spc Char.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    70 (x1)

Morghur....i really don't want to face him in a battle, especially as YOU armadillo are my opponent. DON'T GIVE HIM ANY REALLY GOOD HINTS, I'D LIKE MY SLANN TO STAY UNCORRUPTED!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

first of all tyrant, you will die.....

second, Morghur doesn't even have to be near you to turn you into a spawn. I am talking about his awesome ability to make any wizard turn into a chaos spawn, if they miscast of course.

...The temple guard turns around and growls in hate, the beloved Slann he has guarded since he was spawned was mutating horribly, growing gnarled arms and screaming faces.....

there goes at least 300 points right down the toilet

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Man the heated debate over whos gonna win!!! who will it be? Lizardman? or Beasts of Choas? Now Available on Paper View!! Only two easy payments of $19.99.
    Quote Originally Posted by ForgedInTheFurnaceOfWar View Post
    Doubting math hammer is like doubting the would is round.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

do you accept credit cards....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    70 (x1)

Yay! a good movie, some popcorn, and a stuffed beastman couch to lie on.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast