A question about Beast Herds and marks of chaos - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A question about Beast Herds and marks of chaos

Am I able to give them one? I see a Tzeenitch and Slaanesh one on pg.44, or is that just to make it look themed along with a HoC army? It doesnt give the option to give them one, but it says "Regiment of (Insert god)".

Sorry if its a stupid question, Im new to the chaos armies.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    31 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by SMKiller View Post
    Am I able to give them one? I see a Tzeenitch and Slaanesh one on pg.44, or is that just to make it look themed along with a HoC army? It doesnt give the option to give them one, but it says "Regiment of (Insert god)".

Sorry if its a stupid question, Im new to the chaos armies.
    Beast Herds can not have marks.

BTW there aren't stupid questions. It's when people don't have the book and ask questions that's irratating.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So that means if I wanted an un-divided leader an a Nurgle, Slaanesh and Zteenich shaman I woud have to take a min. of 1 Beastigors and 2 Minotaur Units?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With the old-styled rules, yes.
    At least one marked unit must be present to have any number of corresponding marked characters.

These are still valid for BoC, but since they have been changed for WoC, i'd expect to see the same for beasts as soon as the new book comes out.

p.s.
    be careful that minotaurs can only get the same mark as the army general...so no, you'd need one bestigors and...wait...hum...no.

Wow i now see that with the new rules you cannot make an undivided beast army anymore, wtf!!!
    Am i missing something or is it like that?
    Last edited by Hollow_Man; June 25th, 2008 at 11:44.
    It's better, it's shiny, it's warped...it's Chaos.

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

Huh? What is going on in this thread... BoC haven't been changed yet, and WoC are temporary. Just speculation being thrown around.

If you want an Undivided General then thats fine. Then if you want a Nurgle, Tzeentch and Slannesh hero, you need one of each unit marked. Options for marking are Bestigors and Chariots.

+ Reply to Thread